General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

What was your last mod, and what is your next?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 07:26 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Last modification was lowering; Bilstein HD Series Struts paired with Canuck Motorsports lowering springs and new GM OE strut mounts. I'm pretty much happy with how the car sits for right now. Next would be upgrading tires this summer for sure and I have had thoughts about going with a new set of wheels at the same time, 19's or 20's, but I don't really want to throw down the cash for wheels right now... maybe another year or two. Also possibly going with the Depo black bezel factory style headlights this spring. We'll see.

Old 02-08-2013, 01:55 PM
Monte of the Month -- October 2013
3 Year Member1 Year Member

last was black heads. next slotted rotors and painted calipers.

Old 02-09-2013, 10:50 PM

update: if all goes planned, a new set of polished mustang bullitt wheels

Old 02-09-2013, 11:13 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Red Nightmare

so...shiny.....

Mods? I guess you could say msd's & a high flow filter added....I don't count buying the original headrests a mod.. Oh...I guess you could count painting the new control arms a mod.

Next up is a real intake. then some maintenance & headers.
Thank's it is shiny , but I hope to buff it some more an get to look like chrome.

Old 02-10-2013, 02:24 AM

My last Mod: Black housed headlights

Next Mod: (all happening at once)
Drilled and slotted brake Rotors
Team monte carlo Rear spoiler decal
Bass controller ***
Install new subs Alpine type R's with 1000w amp
Switchback turnsignals
paint engine bay
Install new stereo
Show and go license plate
New Fog Light Lenses-pitted and look like crap
SLP grille
Tint orange on headlights

Thats just for now

Old 02-10-2013, 06:38 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I did zero mods last year cuz I pulled it out of storage so late and it was back in storage quite soon. I did find some original Dale Jr. floormats (which I never had), but I don't think that counts as modding. The last actual mod I did was the Menziere electric water pump, but I don't usual talk about which mods I have - I like to be mysterious!

I am considering going back to the decal shop again this year. I have an idea...

Old 02-10-2013, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS
Last modification was lowering; Bilstein HD Series Struts paired with Canuck Motorsports lowering springs and new GM OE strut mounts. I'm pretty much happy with how the car sits for right now. Next would be upgrading tires this summer for sure and I have had thoughts about going with a new set of wheels at the same time, 19's or 20's, but I don't really want to throw down the cash for wheels right now... maybe another year or two. Also possibly going with the Depo black bezel factory style headlights this spring. We'll see.
Your car looks great, and seeing it lowered made me pull the trigger on Canuck Motorsports springs. I just ordered them.

My most recent mod would be a sound system upgrade. I replaced the factory speakers, added subs and 2 amps. Sounds ridiculous...in a very good way.

Next mod will be springs, struts, and new tires.

Old 02-10-2013, 01:53 PM

next mod for me is my custom plasti dipped headlights coming up this spring. body repair doesn't quite count nor does a cleaning of the engine bay. i may do some engine paint if i get bored enough. and my door panels need something that carpet is coming off and i might just get rid of it but i havent decide what color to paint in its place

Old 02-19-2013, 08:25 PM

Last mod = 3.4 pulley

Next mod = Cam

Old 02-20-2013, 12:56 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by 2006 Silver Monte SS
Your car looks great, and seeing it lowered made me pull the trigger on Canuck Motorsports springs. I just ordered them.
Thanks, I appreciate the compliment! You'll definitely like the lowered setup. Be sure to post pictures when you do yours.

Quick Reply: What was your last mod, and what is your next?