General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

what would a

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 08:23 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: what would a

Sorry Alicia. Please allow me to appologize on behalf of Mickey and I.

Can someone please give Alicia a good answer to her question?

Thanks. And thank you, Alicia, for putting upwith us.

There is a possibility that it's likely a wire that has broken inside the steering wheel, or the insulation on the wire is cracked. When the steering wheel is turned, the wire is shorting out to a metal part of the steering column. Thus making the horn honk.

I had a similar problem on a previous car with the turn signals. Had to have the dealership tear the column apart and replace the wiring.

Old 04-04-2008, 08:43 AM

ok thank you so much i will take this info to the used car dealer that i got it from
and no problem on the mikeey and u thing i thought it was funny

Old 04-04-2008, 09:26 AM

Alicia, how long ago did you buy the car? Make sure that the dealership isnt going to try to squeeze more money out of you by saying more needs to be done than what really does. A good way of doing that is checking here and making sure that when you replace part X if you really need to replace part Y with it. Be sure to get it in writing so part names are correct, and we can save you a lot of money and headaches!

Old 04-04-2008, 10:31 AM

hmm only when u turn the wheel to the right? odd problem does this happen only when ur driving? or does it happen when ur sittin in the driveway and u turn ur wheel to the right? sounds like for some reason when u turn ur wheel to the right power is being sent to the horn...maybe there r wires that r makin a connection when u turn ur wheel...have u taken the steerin column apart yet?

Old 04-05-2008, 02:18 PM

no we havent yet and yea it does it when u are sitting still to
im takeing it back to the place i got it hopefully on monday
[&:]

Old 04-05-2008, 02:21 PM

like 2and a half weeks ago and it was there 2times already

Old 04-05-2008, 09:52 PM

Tam Jaz. here si the funny part of it all I HATE BEER!!!
cant stand the stuff the only thing i know of it being good for is marinaid for steaks LOL

As for the horn and if you have recently bought it i would be going after the deale ron it and seeing if they cant fix it for you also. I relise this is not fun for you but at leas tyou have a chance to not have to pay for the repairs if they are repitabel at all.

Good luck and please let us knwo what ya find out.

TAZ.
IM DISLEXIC im writing back wards now so you can read it LOL

Old 04-05-2008, 10:48 PM

Why is it that when somebody makes an inquiry about a Performance Mod or an Audio System issue ... everybody starts giving advice on how to grab another couple of ponies out of the Power-train and where to put bigger speaker's and amps ... but, when somebody Posts a question about how to troubleshoot a problem with the horn ... all they hear is "Get a Beer" and everybody else's: "LOL" ???

I hope someone will come along and Post some serious advice to the Member with the Horn shorting-out when the make a right turn.

She deserves whatever help we can muster. Not to try to do the job drunk.

Old 04-06-2008, 09:45 AM

First off it was ment as a bit of a joke,
Secondly i did write how to fix the issue in that same post. SO if you read more then the "GET A BEER!" you would have seen it also said how to look in to the issue.

a horn is a simpel circut.
drunk or not it is the same thing.

the horn button.
the horns it's self and the wireing between a and b.
if the horn gose off when she is trunign the wheels then it is pretty obivouse it is a short that is directly ground in the circut someplace.

or in the wheel it's self that is causeing either the horn ring to ground,be pushed on, or the wires to be pulled on or cut in to to casue them to ground out in return casueing the horn to go off.

with out looking at this presonally i cant say for sure what it is .

This is the same with most pepoles questions on any bord they are at best a educated guess. for most folks if we cant see the problems infront of us we can only say what we know about the issues and hope they are correct and will remedy this situation.

but she also said that she recently purchased the car. I would take it to the dealer ship where i got it at and throw a fit and get them to fix it. IT is a sfaty issue if the horn dose not work properly and there for they have a responsability to fix this so it functions right.
Also they will most likely have someone there that can fix it or take it to a dealer or someone else that can do the work.

and it should not cost her a thing to have this done.

So Rick
GET A BEER!! and remeber we still care abotu ya. but we can only help so much in a hat room. and we all do our best to do so for the most part the threads are serious with some humor throwen in also.

Old 04-06-2008, 05:49 PM

thanks for careing and yes they did say sorry and tell me how to go about the way to fix it but on monday im gonna take it to the garge and tell them they need to fix it right or eles.

Quick Reply: what would a