General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

what would a

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 01:58 PM
Default what would a

what would make a horn go off every time u would turn the wheel to the right . [&:]my hubby is not sure how to take the cover off with out makeing the air bag come out if u have any suggestions please let me know thanks

Old 04-03-2008, 02:13 PM
Default RE: what would a

Welcome to the site! Please let us know what year your Monte is, if it has any steering-wheel mounted radio controls and other factors leading up to this annoyance such as: The car was broken into and the people broke the steering column? Something that COULD have happened and possibly be connected to this. Be patient, we have a lot of good, knowledgable members who can help.

Old 04-03-2008, 06:16 PM

i have the steering wheel controlls on mine I can tellyou taking apart the colum or even just taking the cover off is not a fun task but her ya go for destructions on how to do it.

1. get a beer
2.think about getting another beer.
3. open car door and take a drink of beer.
4. open fuse pannel in door jamb on driver side geta beer.
5. Disconntect the BAT. and get a beer. (make sure to take booth post off on this you dont want any current of any kind in the car durrign this.) did i mention get a beer?
6. In the fuse pannel find the fse for the air bags and pull it out.
7. get beer.
8. under the colum i belive it was 4-6 screws there they are revers torx or safty tox cant remeber any more . But get a beer!!
9. once you have doen this you can look on the back of the steering wheel and there are more screws.
10. get a beer.
11. carefully take the fron cover that is more then likly almost off or at least lose now out of your way.
12. get another beer and take a potty break
13. disconnect the wire in the steerign colum.
14. there are four screws that hold the controlls on to the steering wheel.
15. at this point it is just like anythign else. GET MORE BEER!!!!
16. make sure the wires are not touching anythign etc...
17. get a frend to go get you a beer.
18. if nothign is tehre then it moght be under the car by the horn.
19. it is located out side on the front pass fender under the car.
20. get a beer.
21. if it is not at any of them you just need to get a beer.

hope this helps you out some at least if nothign else you will feel good about the fact you have gotten it apart with out hurting your self or the car.

ALSO. seriously make sure the when you hook the fuse back in to the car for the air bags that you touch metal first. YOU WANT NO SHOKING AT ALL.

those air bags are under ALOT OF FORCE. SO GET ANOTHER BEER JUST INCASE IT TRYIES TO GO OFF. IF IT DOSE GET ANOTHER BEER AND LOOK AT SPENDING OVER 500.00 PERSIDE TO FIX THIS NOT TO MENTION THE DASH PARTS THAT BREAK WHEN THEY GO OFF.

fi uoy deen yna erom pleh tel em wonk.
!!teg erom reeb

Old 04-03-2008, 06:45 PM

READ THIS FIRST.
Sorry Mickey, but safety first.

EVEN THOUGH YOU DISCONNECT THE BATTERY, THERE IS STILL STORED ENERGY. MEANING THIS: THERE IS THE POTENTIAL FOR YOUR AIRBAGS TO DEPLOY EVEN AFTER YOU HAVE TAKEN THE FUSES OUT AND DISCONNECTED THE BATTERY. THIS IS USUALLY TYPICAL AFTER CAR ACCIDENTS WHEN THE AIRBAG SENSOR HAS BEEN JARRED BUT THE AIRBAG HASN'T DEPLOYED. Okay, no caps now. My suggestion would be to pick a day that you have some time. Do exactly what Mickey said, but after you disconnect the battery and pull fuses, wait 45 minutes to an hour. During that time any stored energy will be disbanded. Good luck.

Old 04-03-2008, 07:00 PM

nope nope your right .

but in other words then. disconnect the bat. and then GET A BEER!!!!!
for a bout a hour or so. othe roption is to chase the wife but only if she lets you other wise you might need to rehook the bat. up and go to the E.R. then GET MORE BEER!!!!!!!

Old 04-03-2008, 08:33 PM

HAHA....I'd get a beer if I drank...the wife won't let me though. LOL.

Old 04-03-2008, 08:56 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

ORIGINAL: mickey

i have the steering wheel controlls on mine I can tellyou taking apart the colum or even just taking the cover off is not a fun task but her ya go for destructions on how to do it.

1. get a beer
2. think about getting another beer.
3. take a drink of beer.
4. geta beer.
5. get a beer. did i mention get a beer?
7. get beer.
8. cant remeber any more . But get a beer!!
10. get a beer.
12. get another beer and take a potty break
15. at this point it is just like anythign else. GET MORE BEER!!!!
16. make sure the wires are not touching anythign etc...
(like your beer)
17. get a frend to go get you a beer.
18. if nothign is tehre then it moght be under the car by the horn.
20. get a beer.
21. you just need to get a beer.

hope this helps you out some at least if nothign else you will feel good about the fact you have gotten it apart with out hurting your self or the car. (Or spilling your beer)

those air bags are under ALOT OF FORCE. SO GET ANOTHER BEER JUST INCASE IT TRYIES TO GO OFF. IF IT DOSE GET ANOTHER BEER AND LOOK AT SPENDING OVER 500.00 PERSIDE TO FIX THIS NOT TO MENTION THE DASH PARTS THAT BREAK WHEN THEY GO OFF.

fi uoy deen yna erom pleh tel em wonk.
!!teg erom reeb

From me (Taz):

ROTFLMAO! [sm=funnypostabove.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Hey Mickey, why is it you can spell better backwards and after 14 beers?
Also Mickey, I think I know why your horn is always honking. Shorting out on all the beer cans? LOL. [sm=alcoholic.gif][sm=icon_cheers.gif][sm=icon_guiness.gif][sm=partyparty.gif]

Old 04-03-2008, 11:32 PM

u know as good as an idea that sounds like...drinkin and workin on ur car...i suggest drinkin after the car, if u do get the steering wheel off and ur car is a 00-05 watch for the yellow wires, they r the air bag wires

Old 04-04-2008, 07:38 AM

hope you dont go for a test drive after words.

Old 04-04-2008, 08:14 AM

ok look guys im a female and what u are saying makes sence but like i said i have a 99 monte
and evernow and then when u turn the wheel to the right is when it goes off

Quick Reply: what would a