General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

What work are YOU doing to you car this summer?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 11:32 AM
Default RE: What work are YOU doing to you car this summer?

well i found a used supercharger locally so....

L36 SS m90 install kit from ZZP
Machined intake from zzp for the conversion
zzp fuel logs
modular pulley system (you guessed it, from zzp)
PCM from zzp
Get a local machine shop to port my m90

get my eibach springs and new struts installed.

find an HD trans

Old 04-21-2008, 03:43 PM

Well i just got my K&N CIA kit last week(after about 2 weeks of gettin screwed around by incompetant people) so i just got it on.
next plans include, U bend delete, Cat back. I would also like to do the supporting mods for the 3.4 pulley and if funds are sufficent a pulley and a tune and then she should run pretty good... I guess window tint should be in there too because its comming soon.

Old 04-21-2008, 04:11 PM

1) smoke GTs...
2) smoke ricers...
3) smoke 5.3 Montes...
Better beware with No. 3. With that Cartuning Turbo kit out. And the turbo LS4 made 500 whp on a dyno recently. [8D]

Old 04-21-2008, 04:54 PM

Better beware with No. 3. With that Cartuning Turbo kit out. And the turbo LS4 made 500 whp on a dyno recently.
Hey, never said turbo 5.3's. Nor did I say Blown Mustangs. Those with larger engines, larger blowers, and larger pocketbooks, DESERVE to go faster than me. I was simply put on this earth to eliminate those that don't have enough dedication to make their car go faster than 13's. =)

Oh, and um, with my twin charge coming out, I'll STILL be overpowering even turbo 5.3's

Old 04-21-2008, 07:42 PM

I am really hoping to get body work and paint done this summer... or at the very least get new floor pans put in, but that'll probably be pushed back another year... again. While it may not be a summer project, On May 3rd, I am getting my new Pypes Performance dual 2.5-inch Tru-X system with Street Pro mufflers installed along with shorty Dynomax headers, 2.5-inch downpipes and dual 2.5-inch Magnaflow cats. And as soon as I get my federal kicker check, I am going to be buying some new tires... Grand Prix 245/60-15 Performance GTs to be exact.

Old 04-21-2008, 08:18 PM

new nascar freedom wing
custom cowl hood
2 more 12s
2 tone leather racing style seats. full buckets front and rear
some 17s or 18 w/e looks the best
custom bodykit
gonna take the clear lights now cut the back off and make a set of custom halo or projector headlights
all lights will be converted to leds
gonna redo my exhaust with super 44s and side exit either in front of the rear wheels or straight down behind the rear tires like old school
gonna repaint the car most likely a jet black with these new pearls i heard about that glow in the dark or something to that effect
gonna add a pleximirror "monte millenium generations" to the carpet on the backside of my trunk
make a custom mirrored piece to go on the backside of the hood for car shows
gonna remove the instrument panel and integrate one from a 51 chevy truck
flip up dvd/cd/am/fm in dash player
screens in the headrests
and if i have enuf $ leftover after all this crap im gonna try and buy something to be a daily driver so i can park this car so jerkoffs in the world dont tear it up AGAIN

Old 04-21-2008, 09:13 PM

Tires should be on this upcoming Saturday...

Top of the list, should get done:
Pull door panels apart and carpet or suede certain sections along with other places around
Replace door and rear deck speakers
Painted tails
Silver/Black seat covers
Fix my damn LEDs
Buy new LEDs for interior lighting
Eibach lowering springs and strut bars

Top of the list, hope to get done if money permits:
Alpine W505 headunit install
Black bodykit, probably Razzi with something else done to the skirts

As for new wheels I have yet to see a set other than the KMC Nova's (if only they were 18's instead of 20's) that I want so when I get these TripleTreads I'll probably be stuck with the 17s until these tires wear out their 80k warranty

Old 04-22-2008, 08:42 AM

Oh, and um, with my twin charge coming out, I'll STILL be overpowering even turbo 5.3's
What kind of twin setup are you going with? How much power are you looking to make?

Old 04-22-2008, 09:51 AM

Lots of lights: underglow, LEDs under dash, redoing all the switches with new leds, going to try making angel eyes, either tinting the tail lights or buying those LED ones.
New mufflers + tips
New rims + tires
New brakes
Pace Car spoiler

Old 04-22-2008, 11:58 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

What work are YOU doing to you car this summer?

Driving my Monte Carlos & waving at the young chicks. [sm=icon_cheers.gif] [sm=smiley20.gif]

It'd be nice to get a new paint job on the '86 LS. But........ I just have to own myvery own fleet of Classic cars don't I?

My family tried to talk me out of it, but..... NO..... I wouldn't listen.

Quick Reply: What work are YOU doing to you car this summer?