General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

What next?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 08:24 PM
Default What next?

i'm trying to decide what to do to my 2006 monte carlo 3.5l next. I have a mpd
ram air hood with a AEM 9inch cone filter. A magnaflow cat back kit. I really looking
for some more horse power off the line and was thinking about a electronic exhaust cut out and
the some nology Hot wires...what do yall think would be some good upgrades?

Old 11-20-2008, 10:13 PM
Default RE: What next?

Don't know how the market is for the 3.5, but if it's anything like the 3.9 you're probably looking at having most anything done custom.

How about some pictures of your Monte? I've only ever seen one Monte and one Impala of the '06+ with the MPD hoods.

Old 11-20-2008, 10:22 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2009

DEFINATELY the best upgrade I think is the PCM Tuner kit, You can change your shift points and other things there its like $300 to $500 and there is one for our cars that the software installs on your laptop and the cable runs from the PCM to the laptop. One person I have seen here or on cardomain is getting like 15.1 in the qaurter mile as I am getting 15.9 so that will be the biggest help to get a little quicker because these new cars are made to be economical and not race cars, just get the PCM TUNED right.

You might be able to try nitrous for the drag strip like a 50 or 75 shot

Lighter rims and a z rated tire would be a good thought

Old 11-21-2008, 12:12 PM

yeah i was going to take it to a local performance shop to get it tuned they will do 4 dyno runs and tune my shift points and everything for me for 125$.....i saw a jet mass air sensor that creates more flow, would it give me any sizable horse power gain? I was also wondering if there was anyplace that will custom build headers and what the costs were on that? And has anyone seen these cryO2 kits, anyone know anything about those?

Old 11-21-2008, 02:09 PM

Headers would cost alot of $ around 500 - 1000 dollars. A good muffler shop could fab them for you

Old 11-21-2008, 02:41 PM

here's some pictures....i should be getting it painted in a few weeks...

Old 11-21-2008, 03:45 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sounds like you enjoy your Monte.

I can't wait to see some pics of it.

Old 11-21-2008, 08:11 PM

ORIGINAL: jcappsiv

here's some pictures....i should be getting it painted in a few weeks...
wheres the pictures??????
and about ur mod list earlier: dont do an exhaust cut out.
i would say get rid of the resonator.
then you could do a shift kit,
the jet maf will do a little bit, if you pair it with a throttle body spacer and full intake you could be talking close to 20 hp and better efficiency. but i would intall those b4 you get it tuned.
enjoi

Old 11-22-2008, 01:32 PM

where can i get the throttle body spacer...and what kind of shift kits are avavable ? hey and does anyone know why the site isnt uploading pictures it keeps timing out on me

Old 11-22-2008, 03:56 PM

you would have to customize your intake system now that i have looked around to use a throttle body spacer. i looked around for a couple hours couldnt find one. shift kits you can find from zzperformance, http://www.zzperformance.com/or, http://www.3800performance.com/Merch...ct_Code=TEP-SK

as for the pics it isnt working for me either so its not jsut you.
you could load them up onto photobucket or something then post the link

Quick Reply: What next?