General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

What is a high sport package

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 06:43 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

You could have gotten it body color or Silver. I wanted the 2 tone and my first color choice was yellow and I couldn't get the silver ground effects for some reason. I didn't want a black car and wasn't fond of white and silver, superior blue and silver wasn't available so I ended up with Victory Red and Silver.

Old 02-23-2010, 11:44 PM

well... i was curious and wanted to find out more details, so after a lot of searching I finally found something from an article in Feb 2000 explaining it in more detail

Monte Carlo High Sport
An all-new 2001 Monte Carlo High Sport appearance package will continue Monte Carlo's tradition of sophisticated styling and heart-thumping performance. "The High Sport appearance package available on the Monte Carlo SS is the next phase of our launch plan," Parkinson said. "Introduced on the heels of the Pace Car Replica, the High Sport takes those exterior styling cues, but puts on a stealthier cloak." The Monte Carlo High Sport features a full ground effects package which includes a NASCAR-style rear spoiler, stainless steel exhaust tips, and a "Limited Edition" instrument cluster. The car, available in four color combinations, also includes the same aggressive five-spoke cast aluminum wheels and high performance Goodyear Eagle P225-60R16 RSA tires as the Pace Car Replica. "We'll produce a limited quantity of Monte Carlo High Sports," Parkinson said. "These two specialty coupes will be among the most rare Monte Carlos on the market - and will distinguish themselves as special versions of the most popular midsize coupe in America - the Chevrolet Monte Carlo."

link to article if anyone is interested in the rest of it:
http://www.autointell.com/news-2000/...y-22-00-p2.htm

Old 02-26-2010, 05:10 PM
rj
15 Year Member

You could have gotten it body color or Silver. I wanted the 2 tone and my first color choice was yellow and I couldn't get the silver ground effects for some reason. I didn't want a black car and wasn't fond of white and silver, superior blue and silver wasn't available so I ended up with Victory Red and Silver
To me, going by the dealer album images, the High Sport package only included silver ground affects. And I'm sure I've seen yellow with silver groundies. The colors I remember are: red (or redish), white, yellow, black, blue, and all the images have silver groundies. Maybe the reason you couldn't get yellow/silver is even thought Chevy said it was available, it really wasn't in that form?

well... i was curious and wanted to find out more details, so after a lot of searching I finally found something from an article in Feb 2000 explaining it in more detail.
Sorry. I could have posted the info for you.

Old 02-26-2010, 08:31 PM
Monte Of The Month - April 2010 & Sep

yellow with silver...

non pace car version

Old 03-04-2011, 06:14 PM

Sorry to bring up a really old post but i had been looking for the information for awhile now and suddenly i find it here, what a surprise.

I have the high sport edition and rarely ever see another monte like mine. I love having the different version and getting the look from other monte owners and knowing they envy what i am driving.

Has anyone been able to find a count? I find it hard to believe it was really that limited because i havent found a count like they have for the earnhardt editions.

Old 03-04-2011, 06:34 PM

Hey all! I've got a buddy that works for Chevrolet so I asked him about this.

He told me:

*LS Montes - No spoiler, single exhaust, regular grounds. They were unpainted (or that blackish color) until 2004, then they began painting the rear and front trim pieces the same color as the car and leaving the rockers the "unpainted" color.

*SS Montes - Surfboard style spoiler, dual exhaust (no tips), regular grounds but they were painted the same color as the car (all 4 parts).

*2000-2003 they made the Pace Car with the NASCAR inspired wing spoiler, dual exhaust (with chrome tips), the flag decals, the diamond-cut cast-aluminum wheels, and the grounds in galaxy silver and LIMITED EDITION on speed-o

*2001 they began making "Limited Edition" Montes, which had everything the Pace Car had except the flag decals, the Taz and the Pace Car badging. However, the "high sport" grounds were painted the same color as the car, with a LIMITED EDITION speed-o.

*2004-2005 the "Supercharged SS" was introduced, which had the NASCAR spoiler, the diamond-cut cast-aluminum wheels, dual exhaust (with chrome tips) and the grounds but NO limited edition speed-o

*2004 also sparked the "Intimidator" editions - which were all black - including black grounds. Not sure about the limited edition on the speed-o though. (However, the Intimidator had Chrome wheels instead of aluminum)

- Mike

Last edited by Mike 00LS; 03-04-2011 at 08:23 PM.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:42 PM

Boom! Headshot!

Old 03-04-2011, 07:54 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Or you could special order the car with Silver ground effects like I did with my 03. I was limited with the color combo I could get though.

Old 03-04-2011, 08:18 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Here is my white one

Old 03-09-2011, 06:31 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2010
1 Year Member

My mom's 2003 Monte Carlo SS/HS Limited Edition.

Quick Reply: What is a high sport package