General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.
View Poll Results: How would you grade your Monte Carlo ?
A+ Show Condition
5.26%
A Great Condition
26.32%
B Needs a few things to be an A
26.32%
C Needs some work, minor things
21.05%
D Needs a lot of work >Short on $'s
10.53%
F Needs HELP Please send $'s
5.26%
It's Bad, but it still runs, sometimes (lol)
5.26%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

? What doesn't work or needs fixed on your Monte Carlo ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 07:27 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by BeachBumMike
Thanks Chifan for posting and sharing + Pictures. That salt cancer is bad 4-Sure. We have salt damage & sun damage to cars here in Florida. It's the beach side outside cars that take a beating in time...

I hope your pictures/posts inspires other member's to repair their Monte Problems. Are you doing the work yourself ?

Look forward to seeing your results...Good Luck!

I'm not doing the work myself. I've hired a local shop that has done insurance jobs for me in the past, and they are clearly the best in that field in my area. So far, with all of the prep work they are doing, I can't wait to see the finished product! They are doing such a good job that I'll feel bad if I don't detail their loaner car before returning it.....lol I'll keep posting photos as I can get them in the paint/body work forum.

Old 04-06-2016, 10:44 AM
Default money pit

Need a lots of work,but I love the old girl....few things it needs, paint, headlights, taillights, New seats, New engine(207,000). Working on some issues, just a money pit now...Just short on funds to get her 100%'

Old 04-06-2016, 11:20 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Mine needs a lot of rust repair to the frame/radiator core support. Being daily driven for 11 years in the Poconos was not kind to my car.

I'm honestly hoping that next year I can get it off to be restored. Currently trying to save up.

Old 04-06-2016, 11:37 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

Slight rust on both front fenders and a good buff. Other than that, it's just a driver and needs more driving

Old 04-06-2016, 08:12 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2016
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by sharpeezss
mine could use a tranny fluid pan drop but fluid looks nice n pink. gonna drop it anyhoo. I need some new bushings for the motor mounts....should arrive tomorrow, other than that I'm considering doing a LIM gasket change an d spark plugs but dang she runs soooo smooth......hard to keep my foot out of her....she runs mighty fine, I'm at 105k so I'm paranoid about the intake gaskets, cosmetically I'm in great shape. ill post a pic or 2 tomorrow...sheza beauty. everything works tho!!!!
Tell me about dropping the pan and replacing the filter. Easy to do with jack stands? Need any specific tools like a W-shaped box end wrench only sold in Canada? Best gasket to buy?

It's going to be my next re-intro to DIY car keeping. I have been getting fluid flushes at the spiffy lube every year (I know, I know) and wonder what it will do dropping the pan and cleaning what is stuck in the bottom, changing the filters does. It's got 198K on it, never broke and has gotten just the flush jobs every year for 5 years