General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.
View Poll Results: How would you grade your Monte Carlo ?
A+ Show Condition
5.26%
A Great Condition
26.32%
B Needs a few things to be an A
26.32%
C Needs some work, minor things
21.05%
D Needs a lot of work >Short on $'s
10.53%
F Needs HELP Please send $'s
5.26%
It's Bad, but it still runs, sometimes (lol)
5.26%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

? What doesn't work or needs fixed on your Monte Carlo ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2016, 06:58 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2016
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

cosmetically, small (half dollar sized) paint chipped off on passenger side front fender, where it meets the ground trim. already replaced the hood, it was really bad, front bumper is hidden by bra as it is in bad shape.
The horn doesn't work. I believe all of the above are related to the car being in some small accident, likely hitting a deer .... when I got the new hood the guy said they most likely went with a non-galvanized hood.... it was covered in small rust spots, looked like chicken pox
I also will eventually add some more HP

Old 03-29-2016, 08:36 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

I got some paint chipping around the wheel wells, from the winter roads up here but a little bit of touch up and it will look good again, plus I need to have the red and black lower stripes redone this summer, they have little rock chips along the front bumper and it bugs me lol, other than that at the moment it's all good

Old 03-30-2016, 07:14 AM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'd say a few things, I'm leaking power steering fluid, I'm guessing it's because of vibration a the seal comes loose, my heated driver side seat don't work, got it from the junkyard that way and there always things I went to do to it

Old 03-30-2016, 07:47 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2016
10 Year Member

Driver's seat heater hasn't worked since I bought the car. Rust over right rear tire, along with a door ding and other minor chips and imperfections being taken care of as we speak. The seat heater is not something I'm worried about, living where there's only a few weeks a year that that would be beneficial. Two weeks from now, I'd give it an A, but a B- right now...

Last edited by chifan; 03-30-2016 at 08:10 AM. Reason: add photo
Old 03-31-2016, 08:46 AM
Thumbs up

Mine was like a new car when I bought it. This June will be two years since I picked it up. Two weeks after I got it I started taking it to shows and it did pretty good. Almost every show its been to it got some kind of award.

Name:  10378207_825258927485803_8008728093347422872_n_zpsbf4aa7c1.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  87.6 KB

Old 04-03-2016, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by SkippyThorson
That darn 6th/7th gen passenger wheel well rust. Quick fixed it last year, just like I thought, came back. I'm going to attack it this Summer.
I had my rear wheel well rust fixed/repainted last fall, also repainted the hood. So far so good with 20k km's of winter/salt driving. But new stone chips on front, clearcoat pealing on bumper.

I got a P0455 evap leak, and click/vibrate CV joint. Both were fixed recently, so I'm going back.
Driver side mirror doesn't defrost, and damn rear defrost, glued that tab on 3 times and its still a problem.

Old 04-05-2016, 11:30 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2016
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by chifan
Driver's seat heater hasn't worked since I bought the car. Rust over right rear tire, along with a door ding and other minor chips and imperfections being taken care of as we speak. The seat heater is not something I'm worried about, living where there's only a few weeks a year that that would be beneficial. Two weeks from now, I'd give it an A, but a B- right now...

Update: Here's what it looks like as of yesterday....

Old 04-05-2016, 11:43 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thanks Chifan for posting and sharing + Pictures. That salt cancer is bad 4-Sure. We have salt damage & sun damage to cars here in Florida. It's the beach side outside cars that take a beating in time...

I hope your pictures/posts inspires other member's to repair their Monte Problems. Are you doing the work yourself ?

Look forward to seeing your results...Good Luck!

Old 04-05-2016, 07:46 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2016
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Barovelli
Need some new tires, got about 125,000 commute miles on the comfortable Michelin Primacy tires I put on when I got the rims. Need to polish up them rims.
New tires ordered. Get them put on Saturday.

For me it took a bit of time to decide on spending hundreds of $$ on a 10 year old car with 190,000 miles. Last week's spark plug replacement let me read the "tea leaves" of the old plugs and a bit of a smoother power delivery convinced me that I'm in it for another few years at least.

That whole California "El Nino" fuss was nothing really, I was going to buy tires when I felt the first sign of hydroplaning. But never did.

Attached Thumbnails ? What doesn't work or needs fixed on your Monte Carlo ?-el-nino.jpg  
Old 04-05-2016, 10:28 PM

mine could use a tranny fluid pan drop but fluid looks nice n pink. gonna drop it anyhoo. I need some new bushings for the motor mounts....should arrive tomorrow, other than that I'm considering doing a LIM gasket change an d spark plugs but dang she runs soooo smooth......hard to keep my foot out of her....she runs mighty fine, I'm at 105k so I'm paranoid about the intake gaskets, cosmetically I'm in great shape. ill post a pic or 2 tomorrow...sheza beauty. everything works tho!!!!