General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

? What does your Monte say about you ?

Old 06-09-2012, 07:02 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Question ? What does your Monte say about you ?

What Your Car Says About You ?
Member's, what does your Monte say about you? Below from Forbe's ( I just found it interesting & funny that they started with a Monte Carlo & what they wrote about it
Please post what you Monte says about you to others ?

Whether you drive a Chevy Monte Carlo or a Rolls-Royce Phantom, your car sends a signal. Does yours give off the right one?
<!-- yatartarthd -->

By Dan Lienert

<!-- source --> 2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

Ask a Chevrolet dealer what kind of message a $27,000 Monte Carlo coupe puts out.

He's likely to say that Monte Carlo buyers are "motor sports enthusiasts who want to show off and stand out from the crowd ; Monte Carlo is the sport coupe that embodies legendary American performance. These motor sports fans are image conscious, responsibly self-indulgent and looking for an acceptable way to rebel." (LOL)

At least that's what Chevy spokesman Travis Parman wrote in a recent e-mail message.

But different people have different ideas, of course. For example, you might think that driving a Lexus makes you alluring, but if you opt for the $60,000 Lexus LS sedan, you might seem attractive only to older, single parents. According to the company, LS drivers are in their 60s, are family-oriented and value politeness. In other words, if you're looking to make a more dramatic statement, you should go for something more bold.

Racy Drives

Perhaps a Corvette? General Motors says the car's drivers are "aggressive and in control" and seek adventure. The Corvette "represents freedom and what is best about America."

Then there is the Ferrari. People who have driven Ferraris know the vehicles feel like race cars. The cars are all about technology, innovation, design and racing heritage. And lest you forget: Ferraris are Italian, which some say makes them sexier.

"The identity of the brand is wrapped up in the history of Italy and vice versa," says a company spokesman. "Everything that is grand and great about Italy and the approach to life in Italy ... is a big part of it."

Telling Data

2007 Bentley Arnage R

We have looked into over a dozen vehicles, from the Monte Carlo to the Rolls-Royce Phantom, asking their manufacturers to tell us a bit about the cars' buyers. The information in this story comes from buyer demographics and from what carmakers call "psychographics"--or customers' beliefs and attitudes.

Sometimes, psychographic profiles can be quite detailed. Take the Accord. Honda Motor reports that the car's owners like to vacuum their garages. You can't say they're not clean.

We also found that sometimes messages sent out by seemingly similar cars can be quite different.

Consider two premier British luxury sedans: Bentley's $210,000 Arnage and Rolls' $330,000 Phantom. Both are stately and fast, but each one attracts a different kind of customer.

The Bentley buyer wants an understated heirloom that he or she can pass down through the generations; over 80% of all Bentleys ever made are still on the road today. The Phantom buyer, on the other hand, is looking for instant recognition.

"You look at the styling of the Phantom. You look at that upright grille," says Bentley spokesman David Reuter. "The car has a presence that really demands attention wherever it goes. When you look at the Arnage, it's far more understated."

Rolls spokesman Bob Austin agrees. "There is simply no sneaking around in a Phantom," he said in a recent e-mail message. "As you drive down the street you can see camera phones tracking your every move. If you treasure anonymity, this is not the car for you."

What messages are other cars sending out? The car companies, the cops and normal people all have different ideas.

Last edited by Space; 06-09-2012 at 09:48 AM.
Old 06-09-2012, 07:19 AM

Not sure it talks about me behind my back...

Nah it says I have good taste...

Old 06-09-2012, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by DE02Carlo
Not sure it talks about me behind my back...

Nah it says I have good taste...
Thanks `Joe for being the first to post...
I agree, you have super good taste in cars & it shows how wise & intelligent you are in your automotive choice

Old 06-09-2012, 10:39 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

Originally Posted by Space

He's likely to say that Monte Carlo buyers are "motor sports enthusiasts who want to show off and stand out from the crowd ; Monte Carlo is the sport coupe that embodies legendary American performance. These motor sports fans are image conscious, responsibly self-indulgent and looking for an acceptable way to rebel." (LOL)

Thats exactly what i was gonna say

Old 06-09-2012, 10:46 AM

LoL `Lou, don't you hate it when others steals your thoughts & words

I thought you would say that your Monte stresses you `out & that you are afraid to have it outa your sight in fear that someone will steal it, or hurt it, or eat in it, or want to drive it....LOL...Oh, what a owner has to endure to have/own/drive & keep their Monte's in Top Condition
It can be very stressful, until you get out on the highways & enjoy everything a Monte Carlo has to offer...
Super Fun 4 the $'s 4-$ure

Lou, thanks for your post...It made me (LOL) 4-Sure

Old 06-09-2012, 11:06 AM

i may look plain jane but i have a dark side (need to flat black more of it for that gril and plate surrounds arent enough

Old 06-09-2012, 12:58 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2012
1 Year Member

Idk what mine says about me.. Hmm.

Old 06-09-2012, 02:32 PM

I don't have a Monte anymore (yet I still lurk around here anyway) but I'm pretty sure my truck says I'm a dadgum redneck LOL. Not sure what my Camaro says about me but most people with cars like mine are a LOT older than I am. So maybe it says that I shoulda been born 15-20 years before I actually was LOL.

Old 06-09-2012, 05:19 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

What does the Deuce say about me?

I think she says that I care about her. That she is more than a means of going from point A to Point B. I enjoy my time with her and indulge her with gifts from the heart. I may be wrong but I belive it also shows some artistic expresion on my part. How I feel about, cars, life and myself. The Deuce is an extension of me.

I

Last edited by Tadcaster; 06-09-2012 at 05:47 PM.
Old 06-09-2012, 05:23 PM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

I think mine says I like to go slow while looking fast! Just kidding..

Not really sure what it says about me. Outsides mostly dark which could lead to a sense of the unknown. Maybe it's saying that I don't usually share much about myself and keep all the awesome stuff (like the excess of polished stuff) on the inside (under hood) haha!

Not sure about that last part, maybe I'm just really tired haha

With everything being said, there is a reason why I mod it, there's a reason why I show it, there's a reason I choose to share it with you all, and there's a reason I enjoy working on it. What those reasons are I'm truly unaware but it could simply be said that it's what I enjoy. Could very easily reflect that I respect and take care of the things I own. That is all

Last edited by 01 Monte SS; 06-09-2012 at 05:45 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ? What does your Monte say about you ?