General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

WHAT DO YOU LIKE BETTER?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 09:50 PM
Default WHAT DO YOU LIKE BETTER?

I HAVE SOME FRIENDS THAT THINK I SHOULD DEBADGE MY CAR. I HAVE MIXED FEELINGS ON IT AND JUST LOOKING TO SEE WHAT YOU GUYS THOUGHT

Old 09-05-2007, 12:32 AM
Default RE: WHAT DO YOU LIKE BETTER?

Nice LTZ! I've considered de-badgeing mine. The only thing is the Monte Carlo is very unique, especially with your 3.9, it's a rare bird (like my 3LT). Completely de-badging it would like kinda bare if you ask me. Maybe just the chevy logo in the center? It does kind of stick out, but it alsokeeps the back end looking symmetrical.

I would say try and get someone to photoshop that picture, because the look would take some getting used to. Personally, I would miss the Monte Carlo... Allthough I could do without the bowtie.

I wouldn't worry about removing the dealer logo, I hate those simply from principal. How much are they paying you to advertise on your ride?

Old 09-05-2007, 01:28 AM

this is what it would look like:

Old 09-05-2007, 02:38 AM

I would at least take off the dealership logo.....

I dont free advertise for them.

I like the badges on mine, I think it would look bare without them

Old 09-05-2007, 07:56 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

some people really like them debadged, it cleans them up a lot, on mine i wont do it just because mine's a sig series...but i would on other ones...looks a lot cleaner looking

Old 09-05-2007, 08:12 AM

I debadged mine... only thing I left on it was the SS emblems... have a look at my pics.. (link in sig)

Old 09-05-2007, 08:36 AM

I agree with mwrench in that I'd take off the dealer logo. Debadging I'm not a big fan of....especially with the nice new chrome letters they use on the 06-07's. Love your LTZ...looks just like mine!!

Old 09-05-2007, 08:46 AM

I seem to be in the minority on this issue, but I like the badging. Emblems, nameplates etc, in my opinion are like "Jewellery". It is intended to enhance the appearance. Don't get me wrong, it must be tasteful, and not gaudy. I'm from the old school, and I like the chrome bits. As far as the dealer sticker, get rid of it. Most dealers today just use some godawful "sticker" which looks terrible. I have however seen some dealer emblems which are like a cast metal, (Ususally silver) which sometimes look pretty good. These are quite expensive, so you don't see many dealers using them anymore.

I personally don't muchlike the so called"clean" look. Cars needa little dressing up.My opinion of course.

Old 09-05-2007, 09:12 AM

THAT'S NOT MY CAR, JUST PRETTY MUCH A TWIN OF IT, I DIDN'T HAVE ANY PICS OF THE BACK OF MY CAR. TRUST ME, MY STICKER WAS OFF THE DAY I GOT IT. THANKS FOR YOUR ADVISE, I KIND OF LIKE IT BEING ON THERE MYSELF, AFTER THINKING ABOUT IT

Old 09-05-2007, 03:36 PM

ORIGINAL: Metal Inc

this is what it would look like:
[sm=redxX.gif] Was it that bad you took it down?

I would remove the dealer info in either case because that is just bad. The debadging is personal preferance. I like it on your car right now due to rarity.

When I was getting some finishing touches done to my car alarm (I don't know how to build relays) the kids there said I should debadge it, but I just couldn't see removing the decals for the Intimidator that were paid to be put on there. If it was a regular Monte then I would have.

Quick Reply: WHAT DO YOU LIKE BETTER?