Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   General Monte Carlo Talk (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/general-monte-carlo-talk-9/)
-   -   What to do...??? Need advice (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/general-monte-carlo-talk-9/what-do-need-advice-44057/)

zjerry 07-23-2013 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by ccusum (Post 560512)
thats what I am now planning on doing. The body shop gave me an estimate of $12,000. Im going to put it online and someone is going to have to take the WHOLE car because I am not going to have people come a pick-a-part on my property. I just dont know what to ask for a whole parts car like this, the body is shot, but everything else is in used working condition.

How much for whole car & where are you located thank's zjerry

ccusum 07-24-2013 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by zjerry (Post 560553)
How much for whole car & where are you located thank's zjerry

I am not sure. I was looking at it last night and I was thinking of putting it back together. its all body damage. Nothing wrong with the suspension, frame, interior and the engine is still sitting straight. My neighbor works with a guy who does body work on the side and I am going to wait till he looks at it.

ccusum 07-29-2013 10:59 AM

So I got the car home and in checking it out, it is not as bad as I thought it was. there is NO frame damage, no wheel/hub damage just body panels. The worst of the damage is the rear quater due to the fact that a pro needs to fix it since it is not a bolt on. Other then that the front fenders need to be replaced and the other panels can get fixed. I will update more when actually start working on it and give progress as I move along.

Video 07-29-2013 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by ccusum (Post 561628)
So I got the car home and in checking it out, it is not as bad as I thought it was. there is NO frame damage, no wheel/hub damage just body panels. The worst of the damage is the rear quater due to the fact that a pro needs to fix it since it is not a bolt on. Other then that the front fenders need to be replaced and the other panels can get fixed. I will update more when actually start working on it and give progress as I move along.

What color is your car? Hopefully you can get panels of the same color. I hate painting. Does the rear quarter panel have a bunch of weld spots holding it in place?

ccusum 07-29-2013 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Video (Post 561630)
What color is your car? Hopefully you can get panels of the same color. I hate painting. Does the rear quarter panel have a bunch of weld spots holding it in place?

The color of the car is white. It does not matter if I find them the same color or not, Im going to get the car painted either by me doing it or having a pro do it. As for the weld spots, I guess so, from what I have read if the quater needs to be replaced it basically gets cut off from the front of the door all the way back. its not really a quater panel, it called a uni-frame or F-Frame.

JC Colon 07-29-2013 02:00 PM

Wow, I feel your pain! If you have a place to store her, I suggest replacing the parts yourself, new or used. And saving the $$$ to get it painted once you got her back together. It's Hard to start over again with a new car. And the choice is Hard, sell or rebuild? Good luck with whichever choice you make!

ccusum 08-05-2013 04:00 PM

Update - What to Do...??? Need advice

4 Attachment(s)
So I statred taking the car apart. Only found a little bit of damage once the Hood and fenders came off.