General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

What to do with my mc?

Old 06-24-2006, 07:24 PM
Default What to do with my mc?

2003 mc ls, 82,xxx. My Dad said I should trade it off in another year, Before I lose money on it. Well If i wait another 2 1/2 years it will be paid for. My is worth only $7,000 in trade, in 2-3 years it's worth zip. But I think I'll keep it and pay it off and use the monthly payments for upgrades.

So what do you guys plan on doing with yours?

Old 06-24-2006, 07:29 PM
Default RE: What to do with my mc?

it is only worth 7,000 for trade in? Ouch

Wonder what the SS model is worth then. But then i have less then 30.000 miles on mine also.

If you want a diffrent model of the Monte carlo then your dad would be right but if you like what you have and know that you plan to keep it the 38000 motor is a good running motor . The one thing i would do is take it in to a good MEchanic and have the do a complet look over on the car and see if they can find anythign or what they find that you dont already know about.

Kind of like if you were to look at the car to buy it used.

Im sure in your area they have this type of inspection and normally only like 40-60 bucks.

That could also help you make a educated guess on this . Knowing that a car could fall apart tomarrow with or with out warrenty is a good thing to know. At least with the warrenty you let them eat the bill

But if you are looking in to colleg in the next year or so or already in it then i would say do wah tyou can and even try to make a few dubbel payments and try a early pay off on it. This will help your credit and also help you out when you go looking for a new car again if a few years with the family in mind.

Search this Thread