General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

What to do to my 2006 LTZ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2013, 01:11 AM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by ohsix_242
Thanks for the help monte. I think I'm actually going to go with the K&N cold air intake. Same with the tips and mufflers, I have an *idea* of which one I need but am not 100% sure on the specific model or fit. A link would be very helpful.

I'm looking forward to the even smoother ride and deep smooth sound!

Like others have said, go with the cai from Cold Air Inductions, and do the mufflers and tips. If you don't have the $$ for the cai right now just do the others mentioned.....As for links, I posted the links, those are exactly what I got after doing a ton of looking around. You shouldn't have any problems getting them installed at a local shop. You don't have to get everything done right away, Christmas is around the corner and maybe the parents can help you out with the cai. It's the best one out there, honestly......

You have a sweet car for a 16 yr old, play it cool and things will work out for you......I love my Monte and I'm an old man, so just hang in there.....

Old 12-01-2013, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by monte carlo 3831
Like others have said, go with the cai from Cold Air Inductions, and do the mufflers and tips. If you don't have the $$ for the cai right now just do the others mentioned.....As for links, I posted the links, those are exactly what I got after doing a ton of looking around. You shouldn't have any problems getting them installed at a local shop. You don't have to get everything done right away, Christmas is around the corner and maybe the parents can help you out with the cai. It's the best one out there, honestly......

You have a sweet car for a 16 yr old, play it cool and things will work out for you......I love my Monte and I'm an old man, so just hang in there.....
Thanks Monte, I think I'll just do what you have suggested. As you said, hopefully Christmas will help me out a bit. I think I can get my parents to help me out with the mufflers and tips, and that should help me go with Cold Air Inductions as you said.

Thanks, you've been helpful. I'll be sure to enjoy the upgrades.

Old 12-01-2013, 10:11 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

well, good luck with everything....I see you added a pic to your album, looks very nice....

Old 12-02-2013, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by Space
Hi `Sam,
I love that color & I haven't seen that many Monte with that color Below pic is one of our Member's > `Garrett..
I like what he did to his Monte 4-Sure...

Look forward to seeing what you do to yours...

Hi `Sam,
Check out MCF Member's God_Bot Monte LTZ (his picture above)
Garrett's 2006 3LT < Click
==============================================

Old 12-02-2013, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by monte carlo 3831
well, good luck with everything....I see you added a pic to your album, looks very nice....

Thank you, not a great pic there but I plan on washing it up again and then taking some better quality shots. I'll be sure to upload them

Last edited by ohsix_242; 12-02-2013 at 07:25 PM. Reason: misspelled word
Old 12-02-2013, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Space

Hi `Sam,
Check out MCF Member's God_Bot Monte LTZ (his picture above)
Garrett's 2006 3LT < Click
==============================================
Niceee, I'll be sure to check out his profile. I could definitely see some stripes and rims being put on mine in the next couple of years!

Loving the Monte more and more each day. It's all I've been thinking about for the last few weeks! Glad to be its owner and glad I've found the forum! It's very helpful and entertaining for sure. Thanks again for the welcome

Old 12-02-2013, 07:25 PM

My monte is also "Dark Silver Metallic" I did a few things check out my album

Old 12-02-2013, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by brewcitymc
My monte is also "Dark Silver Metallic" I did a few things check out my album

Very nice, I like what you've done with it. Those Magnaflow tips will look great on mine I think, and I really like the custom grille.

By the way, what did you have to do to get the front plate on the car? Just doesn't seem like there's a good place for one really.

Old 12-02-2013, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by ohsix_242
By the way, what did you have to do to get the front plate on the car? Just doesn't seem like there's a good place for one really.
Didn't do anything it came like that. Do you have the from bracket? Here's a diagram from GM parts direct its item 26. Do you have the bracket? If your in a state where no front plate is required i'd just leave it off.

Old 12-02-2013, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by brewcitymc
Didn't do anything it came like that. Do you have the from bracket? Here's a diagram from GM parts direct its item 26. Do you have the bracket? If your in a state where no front plate is required i'd just leave it off.

There is no bracket and no holes for one. And yeah, I'll definitely leave a plate off because it simply doesn't make sense to drill holes in the front of my car just for a plate. Plus...it looks just fine anyways, haha.

Quick Reply: What to do to my 2006 LTZ?