General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

what to do?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 08:11 AM
Default what to do?

after thinking about it i'm wondering if i should just keep the monte i have now instead of going for an ss just to save a little. i was just looking for more power any way. i know my car has potential but it is all stock right now and if i start to alter it i wont want to get rid of it. what can i do to make it look nicer and pull more power out of it. i am going to tint the lights and windows myself and i was thinking of putting an offset stripe(red) on the right side with some decent rims to. what should i do with the interior? would it be smarter to sell it or just trick it out. i like the car and it runs great the only reason i want to get rid of it is for a ss but tell me if it would be worth all the trouble or to keep it thanx

Old 12-11-2009, 01:00 PM
Default ..what to do.....

.......On what to do ?
I don't know what your income and budget is ? If you can afford a
SS with the payments and don't forget the insurance. The word
"SS" will make the rates go up and so will age but You can do what I have done.
I have a 96 S10 for a daily driver. I only drive my SS
on weekends and to work every other week. My insurance co.
took that into consideration. My rates are Lower than what they
could be.
OR : Find a wrecked SS with a good motor and tranny and
do a engine swap ? Budget permitting.....?

Old 12-11-2009, 10:05 PM

I agree with the engine swap, if you have the time/money.
My insurance company has no clue I dropped a 3400 into my original 3100 Beretta. With the mods I've done, it's a low-15 second car now, and they still think it's stock mid-16.