General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

What direction should I go?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2014, 12:44 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default What direction should I go?

Hey everyone. It has been awhile since I made a thread and figured I would ask your opinion on something. The Monte Has been in storage since November and I am really getting the "Mod Fever" while it sits there. So here is a list of things I would like to do to it.

-Brakes. I am trying to decide whether to do a caliper upgrade and get the GXP calipers and larger rotors and pads - cost is around $400 or spend $160 and get slotted and drilled rotors and pads with the ones I already have. As it sits right now it needs front rotors bad so one or the other needs to be done for sure.

-tint probably 20% in the back and 35% up front. I got quoted $130 bucks from a guy willing to do it as a side job.

-Electronic cutout for $179 it is an easy way to have some fun.

-Thorley Headers...about $600 but I am always up for making my exhaust better

-LS6 intake. total cost would be around $1000 after tuning and all the parts required. Out of everything I listed this would probably be the best upgrade I could make for my car but it also costs a ton of money.

Well there is my list. Some cost quite a bit and some are pretty cheap. What do you think I should shoot for or what are your opinions? I payed it off a few months ago so I have had some extra money to plan mods with and it's about tax time

Last edited by xxtheshockerxx; 01-18-2014 at 12:46 PM.
Old 01-18-2014, 04:19 PM

GXP GXP! And headers

Old 01-18-2014, 06:40 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2014

Hey Shocker. A brake up-grade is always very cool. Do you plan on painting them? That's what I would go with. Don't know enough about the 5.3 to comment on the headers. I know on our V6's unless you have major supporting mods they rob you of torque. Great list though,

Old 01-18-2014, 09:31 PM
RED DEVIL

Originally Posted by l67ss
GXP GXP! And headers
I am leaning towards the GXP brakes for sure. The headers I am on the fence about just cus it will be a pain to install them

Originally Posted by Crusader SS
Hey Shocker. A brake up-grade is always very cool. Do you plan on painting them? That's what I would go with. Don't know enough about the 5.3 to comment on the headers. I know on our V6's unless you have major supporting mods they rob you of torque. Great list though,
hey. Yeah they come bright red but I am not sure if I want to paint them to match the car or just paint them black/silver and have them blend in a little with my wheels The headers will drop the low end torque a little but give me more horsepower at the higher end. The LS6 intake would really work well with the headers. I want it all but I dont think I can swing all of it right now haha I would like to lower it too in the future but I told myself I was waiting until I actually wore the struts out.

Old 01-18-2014, 09:38 PM

Ive heard an ls4 monte with headers, two words described it "sex" and "gnarley"

Old 01-18-2014, 09:42 PM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member

Headers would be nice, a LOT of people doing the LS6 intake swap these days and for good reason.
I'd chose either one of those

Old 01-18-2014, 09:56 PM
RED DEVIL

Originally Posted by MnteCrloSS47
Headers would be nice, a LOT of people doing the LS6 intake swap these days and for good reason.
I'd chose either one of those
of course the most expensive It would probably have to be one or the other right now and if I had the choice it would be the intake. The stock intake on these are so restrictive. It would make good power to upgrade

Old 01-18-2014, 09:57 PM
RED DEVIL

Originally Posted by l67ss
Ive heard an ls4 monte with headers, two words described it "sex" and "gnarley"
In person I havent yet but I can only imagine I already describe the way mine sounds like that

also thanks everyone that has replied.

Old 01-18-2014, 10:05 PM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by xxtheshockerxx
of course the most expensive It would probably have to be one or the other right now and if I had the choice it would be the intake. The stock intake on these are so restrictive. It would make good power to upgrade
lol!
Yes The Intake would come first if i was choosing, It's a great upgrade!

Old 01-18-2014, 10:11 PM
RED DEVIL

Originally Posted by MnteCrloSS47
lol!
Yes The Intake would come first if i was choosing, It's a great upgrade!
Yeah thats what I was thinking too. There is one for sale that has been modified but comes with no fuel rail or injectors. It is just a matter of pulling the trigger on it.

Quick Reply: What direction should I go?