General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

What cars have you owned? (What lead you to a Monte?)

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 01:43 PM

My first vehicle was a 2002 Dodge Neon SXT with a 5-speed tranny. I loooved it as a first car and totalled it back in december when I hit a tree doing 35 (story behind that one, lmao).

My second was a 2002 Dodge RAM 1500 4x4 sport. Regular cab, short bed, 33 Nitto Mud Grapplers. Perfect truck to play in the mud, and never got it stuck. I had to get rid of it when I couldn't afford the gas anymore.

Which I traded in for my Third, my everything. . . 2004 Supercharged Monte Carlo SS. She gets her interior cleaned once a week, and shined with ArmorAll Wipes. I only wash her when I know for sure it's not going to rain because it seems to rain a lot in NC. I am looking for a set of the wheels shown in the Earnhardt JR. edition above ^. I think it would make mine baby look SIIICK. . . . anyone know where i can find a set farily cheap?

Old 10-30-2009, 01:52 PM

Here are the pics of my list. . .

Attached Thumbnails What cars have you owned? (What lead you to a Monte?)-jan%252006-02.jpg   What cars have you owned? (What lead you to a Monte?)-013.jpg   What cars have you owned? (What lead you to a Monte?)-009.jpg  
Old 10-30-2009, 02:29 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by USMC8825
anyone know where i can find a set farily cheap?
Try seller: OEMWheels on ebay

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?Make=Che...onte%2520Carlo

Old 10-30-2009, 04:01 PM

88 or 87 chevy blazer had to get rid of due to major safty problems due to rust first car in september of 95
85 crown vick had it looking good looking after my uncle gave it to me but some one stole it and wraped it around a tree in 95
85 chevy cavilier hatch back v 6 first week of owning it blew up the motor and got ride of it in 96
85 bmw 318i and 325i had them from 97 till 08 man i miss them always took them to the vir and the mir seed ways to the road corse.
have a 98 cavilier with the 2.4 cobolt power train in it fast h@#ll also a silverado wich my dad clames it is his that i got for 1500 wich only needed was a new computer and a window regulator. a mustang wich is a 01 gt only good for now is the track every police wants to pull it over do to the collor catch me gold and exaughst note when i down shift to stop. i have a 07 monty the last year of our make i am thinking on selling the cavilier to get a 85 toyota cellica the same type i had when i turned 16 man i miss my first car. but i love my monty and mustang have every one notice what i mentioned first MONTY CARLO

Old 10-30-2009, 04:08 PM

i forgot a 98 chevy s10 which was a money pit and to meny issues to but engin and trans always went every three thousand miles. i can say the last time i overloded the whole truck as towing the silveradow that my dad clamed that i admit the last time with the power train going was my fault

Old 10-30-2009, 05:21 PM

my first car was an 89 murcury cougar
my second is the buick in my profile pics
and my third is my baby 01 monte carlo ss

Old 10-30-2009, 05:34 PM

i have a long list but will make it short lol

73 monte carlo
76 monte carlo
84 ss monte carlo (roller project for the winter)
(2) 86ss monte carlos
86ss monte carlo ttop (parts)
01 ss monte carlo
63 ss impala
76 imapala
73 impala
79 z28
78 rs camaro
76 camaro
95 camaro
07 dodge ram 1500
90 rx7 with sbc
79 regal
73 cutlass
79 cutlass
81 cutlass
84 cutlass
85 cutlass
that is just a few there were more but dont want to take up all the pages lol

Old 10-30-2009, 08:28 PM

Basically what lead me to a monte carlo is. . . my mom owns a blue 2003 pace car edition ss. she loves it, and babies it. . . another one of my friends bought a white ls and she loves it. when i was car shopping after i realized i had to get rid of my truck i found mine, and i took it for a test drive and found out why everyone loves their monte carlos. . . It is one of the most responsive cars i have ever driven let alone set eyes on.

Old 10-30-2009, 09:15 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

leseee...

my '65 buick skylark 2 door sedan, im ( slowly) working on a restoration

a '51 dodge shortbed 1/2 ton pickup, we bought it in hackettstown, PO had it hauled up from albiqurkie (?) NM, so not a speck of rot, sold to fund the buick.

an '84 oldsmobile custom crusier station wagon i got from a "lil old lady" as a trade for some yardwork... brown with a brown interior, no wood paneling, (thank god) but straight as an arrow & nearly rust free... sat for a few 'caus the electronic carb went bad. i really liked that car, still miss it, but it was a PITA... i did a vacume choke carb & HEI destributor from a junkyard to overide the electronic choke, which worked good... unfortinitly, other problems came up... pass window started leaking, & interior started to semell, pass rear door would not open after a while, drivers power window took a crap, it liked to fry one of the distributor electronics... which left me stranded on 2 test runs about 3 blocks from home... WITH NO REGISTRATION, INSRUANCE and on my LEARNERS PERMIT! than it poped a brakeline in my yard. and i sold it for $500, went up the same day & bought my red ls for $400 from a guy up the street, been happy ever scince

Attached Thumbnails What cars have you owned? (What lead you to a Monte?)-my-skylark-dr-side.jpg   What cars have you owned? (What lead you to a Monte?)-51-dodge-ryans.jpg  
Old 10-30-2009, 11:00 PM

This is cool, I thought I was an old fart (at 37) on this board.. But there are are others that can see that a Monte is a better car then the ricers.

Skylark65, Hackettstown NJ? I drive past you every day... I commute from PA to Wayne NJ.

I have to say that I am soo happy to be back in a Monte. Not only do I loved the car, but the people are so much smarter better then folks on the rice burner forms...

Doug

Quick Reply: What cars have you owned? (What lead you to a Monte?)