General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Well THIS Sucks.

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 08:49 PM
Default RE: Well THIS Sucks.

yeah it is always wise to just take the battery out when you know that it is going to sit for a long period of time

Old 02-25-2007, 02:06 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I charged the battery this morning while I was working on my white car and did get the car started.

So I figured I'd drive it a little since it hasn't been out pretty much in three weeks.

Oh gee..... I get caught in an ice storm. [sm=badidea.gif][sm=boohoo.gif][sm=boosign.gif]

Old 02-25-2007, 02:22 AM

Mrench I have to call BS. If you drove a car from one state to another it would definately have the battery charged back to full capacity. The alternator would have the battery charged in about 2 hours if even that. I took mine on a drive for about 10 miles and came back home. Started the car 2 days later after sitting without any problem.

Old 02-25-2007, 04:06 PM
rj
15 Year Member

Cain45,
You'd asked about my '06 Monte holding information like the stereo buttons holding stations even with the battery dead? I posted no.

Well it seems I spoke too soon. They did hold the settings. The only thing that wasn't was the clock. I had to re-set it.

Old 02-25-2007, 04:32 PM

Yea mine held all radio presets and the time was only 18 minutes off...which I thought was weird.

Old 02-27-2007, 12:16 AM

RJ. Where you live man? Your car looks EXACTLY like mine did. I'm in Iowa, and my 06 LT 3LT weathered probably the same ice storm. Silver with the 3LT package. It's just creepy cause I saw your pics and swore it was my car until I saw it sittin next to the classic.

Oh, and if anyone is interested in Battery Tenders I can get a real good discount on them and ship em for a decent price. I rarely store my car so I don't have to worry about it, but I work at a place that sells em and can get them for a good price.

Old 02-27-2007, 02:54 PM
rj
15 Year Member

It probably was the same ice storm. [sm=exactly.gif]

I live just south of Dayton, OH.

I went out yesterday to clean the Monte up (so it would look good at the dealers) and noticehuge puddle of ice water under one of my '57s.

To make matters worse, under one of my new wheels.I don'tneed all that moisture rusting new wheels.

Old 02-27-2007, 11:20 PM

I can't remember where I saw it, but someone out there makes a big-**** rubber mat to go under the car. It had big barriers at the edges to catch meltwater. It would definately help in your case (daily driver stored next to weekender) but I can only imagine the number of times I would trip over the thing before I finally burned or trashed it, lol!

Old 02-28-2007, 02:46 PM
rj
15 Year Member

My parents have offered to give me old room carpeting they're replacing to park a car on but I never accepted the offer.

I usually don't have to worry about water in the barn. Only on the occassion like this psat weekend. And I only had the Monte out cause of the dead battery problem.

Old 02-28-2007, 04:18 PM

I'm a big fan of the tender.........my car has one hooked up to it all the time
I don't drive my car often enough to keep the battery hot even in the summer
it dosen't get driven as much as I would like to but the tender works great
and I bought mine from wal-mart for like 20 bucks

DINO KY

Quick Reply: Well THIS Sucks.