General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Well THIS Sucks.

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 11:39 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Well THIS Sucks.

The battery in my '06 Monte is dead. I mean nothing?

Called the dealer who told me to call the GM roadside assistance and have them jump my car.

I asked if they would do this in my building, to which the service woman replied, "In your building?"
I told her: Yeah, the car's in my garage.
She didn't know so I heard her ask someone?

I tried hooking a charger to the battery but I need to take the car out of the loop.... so to speak. (Unhook one battery clamp so the charger's not trying to charge the entire car. just the battery)

Guess I need to drive the car more, or there really is a problem?

Old 02-24-2007, 01:47 AM
Default RE: Well THIS Sucks.

What do you mean u just killed your battery on accident? Pull another vehicle up and jump it or use your charger until u get enough juice to start it up. Then go around the block a few times and the alternator will charge the battery up to maximum voltage for you. You dont need to be unhooking your battery or nothing you just clamp the charger onto the battery posts.

Old 02-24-2007, 03:50 AM

how often are you driving your monte? please what ever you do dont neglect the lady she gets very upset about that type of stuff. so you better start taking her out more often.

Old 02-24-2007, 05:16 AM

Mine did the same after sitting in garage for 3 weeks.

Old 02-24-2007, 09:30 AM

If you plan on letting your car sit for more then a few weeks, especially in this cold weather we are having (at least where I am anyways) You really should hook your car up to a battery tender.I have one from Deltran which is pretty much the best you can buy. It is not a trickle charger, but a tender that monitors the voltage of the battery and adds accordingly. Since my car is stored over the winter, it is always hooked up. I go out every few weeks and start it up, and have never had a problem. Its been sitting now since November 1st.

http://www.batterytender.com/

Jason

Old 02-24-2007, 12:43 PM

[align=center]Hi Jason, 06BlackSS[/align][align=center]I know several down here in Florida that use the Battery Tender[/align][align=center]and they love it & their battery is always charged.[/align][align=center]Thanks for your infor/post[/align][align=center][:-]I know this Hot chick uses one to stay charged [:-][/align][align=center]Click on her to Enlarge[/align][align=center][:-][/align]
[IMG]local://upfiles/714/36B722D996C44D049A7FFFEDA5D9D1E7.jpg[/IMG]
WoW
Nice Camaro RJ, maybe she will give U a Jump ?
[sm=happy046.gif][sm=goodidea.gif][sm=happy046.gif]

Old 02-24-2007, 12:54 PM

so why is it that the battery just dies like that after sitting after a couple of weeks

Old 02-24-2007, 01:34 PM

Remember the clock and the computers are always running
Cold weather will kill a battery quick.....
Starting the car and running it around the block WILL NOT FULLY CHARGE YOUR BATTERY UP.
MATTER A FACT YOU CAN DRIVE YOUR CAR FROM MARYLAND TO FL. AND BACK IT WILL NOT FULLY CHARGE YOUR BATTERY.
BEST WAY TO CHARGE THE BATTERY IS ON A SLOW CHARGER.....

Old 02-24-2007, 05:03 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Yes. Like Mrrench posted the electronics in the car stay active constanly.

I drove the car two weeks ago and everything was fine.

I had planned on driving it yesterday (very nice day outside conpared to the past weeks) so I thought I'd get the Monte out. Well that didn't happen.

I had let the car set an equal amount of time before and had no problems with it?

Guess I'm too used to those old cars I have? I let them set for a month and they start up with a little persuasion.

Oh, and I did unhook one battery clamp and hook the charger back up today. So we'll see what happens?

I know the 5 - 6 times I hooked the charger to the battery to it yesterday I heard the CD player changing each and every time I hooked the charger up. The CD player would run through each level and did this a total of like 36 times. (6 x 6 times of hooking up the charger)

I could also hear the charger through the stereo even with the car off and the car must have been too much draw on the charger cause it would kick off after a few minutes of charging.

Old 02-24-2007, 06:33 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

if you dont want to invest in one of these chargers you could just disconnect the negative terminal on the battery when you know your leaving it for a awhile...but this resets everything..you will lose all your radio stations and everything..
or you could go out once a week and start the car and let it run for 10 min or so...

i know that when i stored a vehicle for the winter i just took the battery right out, then i didn't have to worry about it being dead or frozen when i got there in the spring to start it up

Quick Reply: Well THIS Sucks.