General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

weird issue?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 11:02 AM
Question weird issue?

so i have noticed in the past that there is a weird humming noise comming from the back end of my car. (or its louder at the rear quarter panels.) it doesnt do it all the time. and it doesnt do it right when i start it up. and it always seems to happen when im slowing to a stop at my destination. it doesnt do it at all while driving that i know of. because most of the time while im driving i have my system turned way up and i cant hear anything other then my music. but when my music is off it doesnt make that noise while im driving down the road. it usually only does it at speeds around (5-10) and once i stop it will make that noise for a minute or so. my car is running better then it ever has so i dont know how serious of an issue this is. but it is kinda annoying so any help would be appreciative!

i understand this may not be very descriptive but if someone could help me that would be awesome!

Last edited by Boxman420; 09-04-2011 at 11:07 AM.
Old 09-04-2011, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Boxman420
so i have noticed in the past that there is a weird humming noise comming from the back end of my car. (or its louder at the rear quarter panels.)
Hi `Alex,
Did you 4-get again & leave your girlfriend in your trunk ?

Let her out and see `if the Humming Noise Stops
Do you have speakers in the rear ? Could it be a Bad Speaker(s) ? Is your amp back in the Trunk ? Have you shut down your system to see if the noise is still there ?
I have no other idea's, but hope one of our expert member's may have some advice....Good Luck

p.s. If you have a good friend, have them get into the trunk & ride around & see `if they can
pinpoint the Humming : )

Last edited by Space; 09-04-2011 at 11:19 AM.
Old 09-04-2011, 01:48 PM

the Demotivational pictures are so funny

Old 09-04-2011, 11:22 PM

space you crack me up man! if she is locked back there i dont want to be there when she comes out.. i may not come back lol . i have alot of audio equipment back there but it all seems good. usually my amps are on the back seat with the seat folded down so i should be able to hear it clearly through the car but its only on the outside! thanks for the suggestions space! . always a joy reading your comments!

Old 09-04-2011, 11:48 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I think maybe I have a similar situation, I hear it when breaking and in traffic from the echo from other cars and when crossing a bridge. It could be totally unrelated to your issues, it all started when I replaced my calipers with powder coated calipers and drilled and slotted rotors? It's kinda like a humming noise or even like a locust sound (no I'm not crazy) it's just kinda weird, but it hasn't really had an effect on the performance of the brakes? Did you change out your rotors for drilled and slotted ones? Call me crazy if you want, but it is what it is.....

Old 09-05-2011, 12:02 AM

that would make sense a little... i painted my brakes around the same time i started noticing this noise.. so i was back there messing with the brakes.. my brakes feel good although i havnt had to stop fast recently.. just normal braking situations. but everything seems good and true. im not to worried about it as of right now. it doesnt seem to serious.. i dont really feel like paying a shop 30$ "to take a look"

Old 09-05-2011, 12:06 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Ive got a simalar noise & im getting ready to change my brakes soon wen im better, so i shall see if maybe its somewhere in there

Old 09-05-2011, 12:09 AM

please let us know JG cause i could always use an excuse to buy slotted rotors! . its nice to know im not the only one with this issue

Old 09-05-2011, 12:10 AM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I don't mean to come off stupid, but it's just a little weird to me. I paid a good amount of $$ for everything and that is all I can think off. When I hear a noise it bugs the hell out of me!

Old 09-05-2011, 12:14 AM

i can understand your pain. i hate when anything goes wrong or isnt "perfect". specialy if you throw down some big $ on it. also if your brakes are new and it makes that noise then thats just not right.

Quick Reply: weird issue?