General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

wanting to mod my 97 monte carlo. need some help

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 07:18 PM
Default wanting to mod my 97 monte carlo. need some help

Ok. First things first, im fixing all body problems. But my first upgrade visual wise, will be new headlights. Where can I get some decent headlight covers and some of those xenon blue lights?

Old 10-06-2007, 08:04 PM
Default RE: wanting to mod my 97 monte carlo. need some help

ORIGINAL: reeddollaz

Ok. First things first, im fixing all body problems. But my first upgrade visual wise, will be new headlights. Where can I get some decent headlight covers and some of those xenon blue lights?
ok im the expert on this gen and modding. now are you sure u want light covers and not a complete set of new lights? euro style or otherwise. and as far at the xenon blue lights unless their hid's you can get them at any reputable parts store, if u want hid's check ebay or i got a bud that owns a shop that sells them.

anything u need or want lemme know and ill point u where to go

Old 10-06-2007, 09:49 PM

i want some cool looking headlights. new lens covers, and i want the lights to be that cool blue color, or even purple. ive seen purple before. got any pictures of modded headlights and lens covers? basicly all i need is lens covers, and i want the blue looking headlights. but if theres something else i can do to make it look cooler, lemme know

Old 10-06-2007, 11:33 PM

the lense covers are on ebay, i went with the euro style headlights, they also have the eurostyle with the black backing on them on ebay. far as the colors you want they are HID's and are usually 180+dollars for a pair. heres a pic of what the front of mine looks like with the euro style. if they arent to your liking ill find the link for the others and let you have them. as far as hid's go they are illegal in some states so you might wanna check into that. i highly reccomend also buying a chrome or billet grill for your car as well. i have a ton of pics here

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y32/SCC

look through all my pics and ill help ya with anything ya need, btw welcome to the monte carlo forum

Old 10-07-2007, 10:18 AM

figured id try and show some of what my car looks like. dont have many pics. a few videos tho
as you can see, theres two different cd players in the videos. i change audio equipment quite often.

Eclipse SC 6500 6.5 Component set for the front
Eclipse pointsource 6x9's
Eclipse EA2000 2ch amp for the front components
Kicker KX600.1 powering a 10" Kicker 04L7 w/ custom fiberglass box, ported, tuned to 36hz

Had a pioneer 6900UB but switched it out for a Clarion DXZ765MP and 7band Clarion EQ

the kicker amp and sub are temporary until i get the cash for 2 Kinetik 2400 Batteries, two Orion2500D's and two fully loaded 18" Fi BTL's (www.ficaraudio.com)
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w...Picture087.jpg
http://s175.photobucket.com/albums/w...=foryou002.flv
http://s175.photobucket.com/albums/w...t=d00e365e.flv

Old 10-07-2007, 10:37 AM

ORIGINAL: reeddollaz

figured id try and show some of what my car looks like. dont have many pics. a few videos tho
as you can see, theres two different cd players in the videos. i change audio equipment quite often.

Eclipse SC 6500 6.5 Component set for the front
Eclipse pointsource 6x9's
Eclipse EA2000 2ch amp for the front components
Kicker KX600.1 powering a 10" Kicker 04L7 w/ custom fiberglass box, ported, tuned to 36hz

Had a pioneer 6900UB but switched it out for a Clarion DXZ765MP and 7band Clarion EQ

the kicker amp and sub are temporary until i get the cash for 2 Kinetik 2400 Batteries, two Orion2500D's and two fully loaded 18" Fi BTL's (www.ficaraudio.com)
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w...Picture087.jpg
http://s175.photobucket.com/albums/w...=foryou002.flv
http://s175.photobucket.com/albums/w...t=d00e365e.flv

nice audio, all i have are sony front 6.5s, 6 6x9 sony's in back, 2 1000 watt amps powering 2 dhd 12s.and a pioneer graphic interface cd player. if you make your album public so i can see all your pics and give youadvice. one thingi can advice you to do is remove that box bolted to your door. and hide it away. and paint that tweeter bracket to match the door. and anything else just show me what you have and ill point you in the right direction

Old 10-07-2007, 05:11 PM

that "box" is my crossover. im buying new door panels and fiberglassing the tweeter pods and 6.5" pods, and hiding the crossover under the door

Old 10-08-2007, 03:11 PM

nice monte dude. i'll put pics up when i get my new headlights installed. they're the blacked out ones. just waiting for them to arrive in the mail. and yea chris is the resident expert on our gen of monte carlo's. what model you got? looked like z/34 judging the wood trim on the door panels but i could be wrong.

Old 10-08-2007, 06:38 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome to MCFs.

Post some pics of your car for us or senda few to Chris so he can post them.

Old 10-10-2007, 01:28 AM

well sorry to inform everybody but i sold my monte. i LOVED her and had so many plans, but i found another car and bought it. 96 honda civic. im not a rice boy. i just love imports. it wont have body kits, or annoying exhausts. just going to be lowered, midnight black paint, black rims, and blacked out headlights, dark tint. just a nice daily driver. as of now, its red, with racing rims, and an annoying bumble bee exhaust. im sure i can sell the rims and exhaust for enough money to cover the paintjob. ill just throw on some OEM rims until i can afford new ones

Quick Reply: wanting to mod my 97 monte carlo. need some help