General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

3rd Gen ('78-'80): Vintage Air Kits for G-Bodies

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 01:24 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Vintage Air Kits for G-Bodies

Folks, I have been researching doing a vintage air kit for my ’79 Monte for almost 2 years. After a couple calls to vintage air and surfing any forums that I could find, I had resigned myself to buying a generic kit and trying to make it work.

The folks at Vintage Air had been VERY helpful and I had soon compiled a parts list.

Fast fwd to March 2013. I decided to give it one more shot before I ordered a generic kit. I googled vintage Air & G-body and found that somebody is actually working on a custom kit! There is a thread on a Buick forum that has been documenting the build. I’m getting in line to get a kit as soon as they come out. The custom G-body parts will only be available from ArizonaGN and G-Body Parts. I've never ordered anything from either of these guys, and have no idea about them.

I don’t work for either of these places, but I know that MANY of us have either removed the factory A/C stuff or would like a clean firewall. The folks on the forum have always been VERY helpful to me. That is why I’m sharing this. My little way of giving back. That way, when it gets released, you can get yours… Right after I get mine.
Later,
Russ