General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

The verdict is in...............

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 05:30 PM
Default The verdict is in...............

True Flow air filter FTW!!!

I installed a True Flow filter in my Monte today and all I can say is WOW!! The idle is so smooth, the exhaust note got a little bit deeper, and the throttle response is lovely! Installation was kind of a PITA, but I got through it with no casualties. I was kinda scared after I started it up once the install was done because after I let it idle for like 5-10 seconds, I blipped the throttle a little bit and it stuttered. Then I blipped it again and it really stuttered, then I seen a decent little plume of white smoke blow past my window so I got out of the car and checked to make sure I had all the plugs plugged back in, I did. So then I go to the back of the car to see if the smoke is still coming out and it wasn't, so I got back in the car and blipped the throttle again and she roared! Then I really got into and and she roared even louder!! So I let it idle for a few minutes, cleaned up my mess and then took her for a spin. The car felt very good, and sounded awesome too! For $40 it's a very good investment, I just hope I can get a mpg or two out of it on my long road trip in a couple days.

Cliff Notes: Buy a True Flow air filter!!!

Old 02-16-2006, 11:40 PM
Default RE: The verdict is in...............

where'd you get it?

Old 02-17-2006, 01:37 AM
Default RE: The verdict is in...............

Local auto part store, Thrify Auto Supply