General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

vent visors

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 02:42 PM
Default vent visors

i had mentioned i installed these forgot to show you guys what they looked like. they're fairly inexpensive if ya like to have your window open a crack without getting wet when it's raining. or for smokers for the same purpose.

Old 10-20-2007, 04:09 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: vent visors

Nice.

Old 10-20-2007, 06:28 PM

i liked mine on the 6th gen till they were so rudly tore off from shipping.

But there were great .

One sugestion for anyone that likes thiem see if you can find the ones for in the track instead of the stick ons.

Old 10-20-2007, 07:01 PM

I got the channel one's from MacNeil Automotive Products, They are call Weather Tech and they use no tape what so ever and fit snug, alsoeasy fit... expensive but worth it..66.95 shipped to my address...

Old 10-21-2007, 05:31 PM

yeah they are nice, I had the tape ones and after they shipped the car back from GErmany and tore them off i wished i had the inchannel ones to make life eaisier.

but i had to sit out there and get the tape off of the side of the car.

all gone now and have no intent on putting it back on the side of my car. the only one on the car with tape is for the Sun Roof. and it will get changed to if i can find one. but that is one after you have it you wont want to live with out it. makes it quiet in side the car with the sun roof wide open.

Old 10-22-2007, 10:48 PM

If anyone is looking for some for a 2006/7 Monte I have a spare set of the adhesive types.

I have the channel-lockers I got a good deal on and I love the way the channel-locks look, but honestly I think the adhesive type don't look that much worse, and I do have to say the adhesive type ( I had on my 2003 LS ) Do seem to vent much better. (specially good for smokers)

If anyone wants these I'll give a very fair price on them... I paid 40$ cause they were on sale ( adhesive types are usually 50-60 depending on where you go ) I would give em away for like 20$ plus w/e shipping would be from Iowa.

Old 10-22-2007, 11:09 PM

yea and for any skeptics on the adhesive. it's not just tape and throw it on. does come with a cleaning pad and surface prep before you adhere it. they're on their right. the problem with adhesive is it doesn't work well in cold temperatures. i installed mine on a warm day to make sure they'd stay on for winter

Old 10-23-2007, 08:44 AM

I installed my adhesive on type on my 03 in the spring when I got it, probably 60 degree day or so, maybe 65, but they stayed on through 65 MPH Gust wind, winter including snow, ice, etc. The only thing that nearly broke one off was while scraping the window I hit it pretty hard, but it actually stayed on.

Old 10-23-2007, 08:42 PM

what they use for tape is defently good. it lasted on my car at speeds over 100MPH in Germany and for extended times on the autobahn .

So they will defenly hold on for ya.
We put them on when it was about 70 deg. at best

Old 10-27-2007, 07:27 PM

ORIGINAL: 2 quick4u

I got the channel one's from MacNeil Automotive Products, They are call Weather Tech and they use no tape what so ever and fit snug, alsoeasy fit... expensive but worth it..66.95 shipped to my address...
Weathertech's were the first thing I ordered for my SS...I had them on two previous cars, and loved them. Although installation is a breeze compared to the tape-on variety, there is one thing that absolutely, positively must not be overlooked - and this ishighlighted in the instructions. The bottom of the front section (near the rearview mirror) MUST rest completely on top of the rubber weatherstip. When positioned correctly on the Monte (at least on the 06-07 models), the outer edge of the visor (at the bottom) will actually extendout past the weatherstripa little bit.

As I mentioned in another thread, mine didn't fit as snuggly as they should, and as of late I was getting disgusted with them. Today, I finally figured out that Ihad intalled them incorrectly by failing to follow the above-mentioned "rule". I took them out, repositioned them, and now they fit perfectly - I'm a happy camper.

Quick Reply: vent visors