General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

VENT SHADES

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 01:19 AM
Default VENT SHADES

Has anybody tried the Vent Shades on their doors? Impression? river rat

Old 07-26-2006, 03:46 AM
Default RE: VENT SHADES

yep i have them on mycar and love them.

it is one of those things you will think about it forever thinking they dont work and then after ya do it you will love them ,
I can roll my windows down when it is raining and i dont get wet, and also as a smoker i can crak the window and i dont have all of the wind noise when trying to hear other things like the radio.

Also i have the one on the sun roof and you would be amazed how much it cuts the noise level down on it. I can actually have mone open and hear the radio over it with out having to turn it all the way up.
i can speak normally in my car with out yelling with the sunroof open and the windows down it gets a lil bit louder but not to bad.

the only think i will sugest is spend the extra cash and get the inchannel version and not the stick on ones if you can find them
I have the stick on version and now after three years i will need to replace mine as they dont seem to hold on as good as i wished .

the other day mine came lose on one end whil comming home from spangdolom air base it is about a hour from us here and we have no speed limit so i was cruseing about 95 the whole way home for the most part and the old tape could not take it.

the new ones will be inchannels for me

the sun roof i have never had a issue with it at all

Old 07-27-2006, 01:09 AM

Arrrggg. Your so lucky that you have no speed limit on parts of the interstates in Germany. Everyone in the US drives so slow on the interstates it takes forever to get places.

Old 07-27-2006, 06:34 PM

yes and no i see your point but honestly as fast as most go here it is still only 80-90. most of the time i go anywhere to travel i lock the cruz in at 90-95 and im passing everyone in sight.

yeah it is nice but when they have a accedent here it is most of the time a major stau (traffic jam) i mean for hours. the just had one here not to long ago wher eht edriver of a big truck bounced off the gaurd rail after a car cut him off and hit his front bumper. caused a traffic jame for over 40 miles. and took them 23 hours to get it all cleaned up. he lost his life, the driver of the car did and then three cars were in flames over it.

So yeah belive me it is nice but not exactly safe some times. and the fools here drive like someone in LA in rush hour. they will cut out in front of you in a heart beat and dont look to even see if they have room most are driving pregnat roller skates. it amazes me how many are not dead from the way they drive.

Old 07-28-2006, 01:18 AM

Well see, I agree with you on the traffic note. Inter-city interstates get very jam packed especially during rush hour and raising the speed limit on those would be horrible. There would be accidents left and right because people drive like fools where I live. However the interstates in rural areas are usually very light traffic. This is especially true out west around new mexico, nevada, texas area. There are parts out there where you wont see a car for miles on the interstates, yet the speed limits are still only 75!!?? I have ran well over 100 comfortably out west and I think there should be no speed limits there.

Old 07-28-2006, 03:51 AM

yeah belive me i drove truck for 14 years back and fourth threw tx,az,nm,co, yeah i know all about nothing for miles there. but i can tell ya they still clock the trucks from scale to scale and are not real happy when you go over the speed limit for a extended perioed of time LOL
i used to o have the ticket framed for that one lol