General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Upgrade headlights!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 12:52 AM
Default Upgrade headlights!

Drove my Monte at night and in the rain for the first time and it seem like I was driving with sunglasses on. Has anyone upgraded their headlights? and if so to what? Im looking at the Sylvania Silverstars for High and Low beams, turn signals, and the fogs. Thanks in advance!

03 Sleeper SS.

Old 01-30-2008, 01:04 AM
Default RE: Upgrade headlights!

Well, short of spending 20$ a bulb on silverstarscheck their alignment first.Sometimes a few turns on the aiming screw up can make a world of difference. Next,the Halogen LL (long Life bulbs) they're like 7$ a piece and lots of ppl have said they are brighter than stock.

Try out one, if it makes a significant difference then great, if not, you've only spent 7$

I like the silverstars, They were the brights that I had on my Beretta. To be honest, I haven't looked at upgrading my 06 since the low beams come on with the highs, and I have the driving(fog) lights to supplement the low beams. The biggest difference will be in the brightness of what is already illuminated. You won't notice them really reaching further into the distance like they show in the commercial. If you want to increase distance, you should check their alignment first. That can make a ton of difference. Even if the aftermarket lights put out more light, they will put that extra light in the exact same pattern, and place as the stock lights, because the reflector is still the same.

Old 01-30-2008, 07:13 AM

I agree with FlynhghR,I have Silverstars in my car (high and low) and it's not like they show in the commericals. They are great though, I find that they shoot more like over to the right of the road, so you can see in the ditch better, Also being the blue color it's easier to see things, alot easier.

Old 01-30-2008, 08:07 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I put in the Silverstar Ultra's, and I love 'em.

Old 01-30-2008, 08:20 AM

I had the same issue with mine, I put aftermarket bulbs in mine and thought **** stock was better. Then that night driving down the highway I noticed that I was lighting the raod signs halfway up them and not the bottom half.... Took my car home right away and put er in the garage and turned the lights on against the door and noticed that they were aimed high. I turned the dail and they lowered and since then its like day time while driving.

Old 01-30-2008, 08:57 AM

Yep Silverstar Ultra's are very good. I put them on my g/f 04LS, and they are tons better than stock.

Old 01-30-2008, 11:41 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I know the stock bulbs in my '06 are noticably brighter then the bulbs used in my other cars. And they have halogen bubls in them.

The halogen bulbs I stuck in one of my '57s was like putting lasers in compared to stock replacement bulbs for them.
I can flip the high beams on and everyone coming towards me immedately turns their high beams off.
These were $8.99 each at Wal-Mart and Classic Chevy wants like $50 each for an upgrade bulb for '55/6/7 Chevies. They can kiss my --- for that $50 each.

Old 01-30-2008, 07:07 PM

i changed my head lights out with the dimmond clear , dimond cut from ebay love them!! work great
but i did put my silverstars in them also

Old 01-30-2008, 10:20 PM

Thanks for the advise...I think i'll grab a set of Silverstar Ultras lows to start and go from there.

03 Sleeper SS.

Old 01-30-2008, 11:35 PM

ORIGINAL: Taz

I put in the Silverstar Ultra's, and I love 'em.
looks like alot of people went with silverstars. me being one of em.

Quick Reply: Upgrade headlights!