General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Updated Album.

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 06:01 PM
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Updated Album.

I recently updated my BlackRainSS album for anyone who missed my threads with updates. Has a few pictures of the new rims in it! And just a few other camera hog pics lol today it rolled over to 78,098 miles meaning since I bout it about a year ago I've put on 1,094 miles

Old 05-30-2012, 06:10 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Wheels and tires look sharp! Now paint those calipers

Old 05-30-2012, 06:11 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Did you plan on only driving it that much? This past year I only put maybe 5000 miles on mine since I bought my 5th gen, but I'm not gonna be able to keep the miles down that much in the future....

Old 05-30-2012, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by monte carlo 3831
Did you plan on only driving it that much? This past year I only put maybe 5000 miles on mine since I bought my 5th gen, but I'm not gonna be able to keep the miles down that much in the future....
I really didn't plan on driving it so little sad part is when I got it I put 500 on it in the first month, but it was nearing colder weather and I had to store it shortly after I bought it which I think had a lot to do with why I put so few miles on. Recently until about a week ago (summer break started at my place of work) I'd been working so much I hadn't had time to drive it much. When I do get to drive it I'm always afraid to leave it in a parking lot for fear of dents or scratches so it usually just get cruises. I hope to start driving it regularly, or at least more in a few years when I hopefully will get a 7th gen SS. Me and my gf/fiance are talking about getting a joint loan on one in a couple of years and making the truck strictly winter/hauling or heavy work use. And making my 05 a DD for work and such to cut gas cost. So far this year its only seen 2 parking lots. 1 the farthest away from any cars and the front doors of walmart, and once at pizza ranch. I enjoy driving it so much which is why I find it weird I've put so few miles on it but by winter time I should know how many miles I've put on this year and have a rough estimate of how much I actually drive it.

Old 05-30-2012, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by zzapultimate
Wheels and tires look sharp! Now paint those calipers
Not sure when I'll have the money to spare with my recent lack of work due to summer hours for it but it is a must. The truck needs a bit of attention first thought. I'm going to get some roll on bedliner for a few spots I'd wished they had done but for the price they did my truck I'm not complaining at all. I'm going to sand down the rust on the inside bototm of all the doors and line those, also the door sills since I found some rust. The only other are I plan on doing it the rest of the space where my tail gate bar didnt cover. I was washing it got it home to wax it and found a small rust hole in that space, so I plan on taking off the tailgate fixing the hole best I can and then putting some liner on that.