General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

update for my monte.. page.

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 01:17 PM
Default update for my monte.. page.

okay i have about 5 or so random pages of my modifications. so i thought id do what alot of you have done and just to everything in one place and go from there, add updates and what not. but i did a few small modifications the past few days so ill start with those. also add a few older pics to see the progress. this is my baby about a month after i got it. all i had done to it was the "monte carlo" on the windshield(which im gonna change to the pace car style).

about 2 months ago i bought a 3800 II engine cover to play around with for 10$. since i dont like the 3400 engine covers, i think they are to small and dont cover enough space. and since im a perfectionist i didnt want it to have 3800 on there, so i sanded it off.

after countless hours of bondo work i came to this. looks "ok" this is my first time ever trying to re shape something or even use bondo so cut me a little slack . but any ways it came out good enough since its gonna be under my hood.

then it was on to paint it. used color match by duplicolor for it. turned out pretty good. added some black on the "v6" part. still havnt mounted it. because i dont have the oil fill tube to go up through it yet. hopefully autozone has one.

also painted my fuse box covers while i was at it.

then i worked on my sub box. audio is my new addiction. this is about half way through building it. my last box sucked and i didnt know much about building them when i built it, but i did alot of researching and i think i did a great job with this one. . port is 2in wider and 1/2in taller on this box. it is atleast twice as loud. also cut the holes for the subs way better then the last box. not bad for using a jigsaw . im going to be sound deadening the entire trunk this week to stop it from rattling so much. also putting in a false floor because i hate the spare tire hole. the trunk is ridiculously uneven in these cars.

she is roughly 3.7 SQ feet and tuned to 38HZ. it hits HARD. actually just this morning i had a neighbor a few doors down that said i was shaking his house with my subs. i always turn my music down going into the neighborhood but knowing he has a small child i quickly apologized. he was cool and told me to keep making it as loud as i can, and that he loves how it sounds

i need to work on finishing the box . i can never decide on what i want to do with it... and since i got pulled over i had some extra blue LED strips laying around to throw in the trunk.

hope everyone likes it. ill be adding pictures periodically to this thread so stay tuned!

Last edited by Boxman420; 09-11-2011 at 01:29 PM.
Old 09-11-2011, 01:48 PM

Looking good man, got a pic of the engine cover installed?

Old 09-11-2011, 02:26 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

looks great. Second on that pic of the engine cover once it's in.

Old 09-11-2011, 03:47 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Great job! Can't wait for more pics

Old 09-11-2011, 04:05 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Looks Great

Old 09-11-2011, 05:03 PM

thank you everyone! i will hopefully be adding pics to it this week! specialy one of the engine cover! i have had it painted for a good week and a half just havnt gotten around to getting the oil tube.

Old 09-12-2011, 11:46 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2011
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Lookin Good

--that's the first engine cover I've seen get sanded down like that and looks like you did a great job with it. Hope it works out for ya, and make sure you get us some PICS!!

Old 09-13-2011, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Jester_20
Lookin Good

--that's the first engine cover I've seen get sanded down like that and looks like you did a great job with it. Hope it works out for ya, and make sure you get us some PICS!!
thanks man i appreciate it! it was alot of work to do that so thats probably why. i went to autozone to find a oil tube extender but they looked at me like i was crazy so no luck there.. the hunt is on!

Old 09-13-2011, 07:00 PM

welp i started doing my trunk today. its been a good 8 hour project and im still not done. anyways this is were im at as of today. i have decided to compete in a local audio stores competition its only 5$ and i can use the meter all night long. and there are some prizes for winners. i know im not gonna win but it sounds like fun. and i feel like ill do pretty decent

Old 09-14-2011, 01:50 PM

finished the trunk today. say good bye to my trunk rattling!

Quick Reply: update for my monte.. page.