General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Unrealistic Expectations?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 05:47 PM
10 Year Member
Default Unrealistic Expectations?

Ok, I love my Monte as much as the average Monte enthusiast, BUT...$28K for a 2005 TS Edition?

Wiz, help me out here, but I seem to remember some unique badging that is supposed to be on the outside of the car! WTF is this supposed to be?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevr...ayphotohosting

Old 05-16-2007, 09:12 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default RE: Unrealistic Expectations?

WOW! well it is a tony stewart edition...but he took off all the orange stickers on the outside of the car for some reason, it got the dash, the stitching in the seats and the engine cover...the only thing it doesn't have is the stickers on the outside of the car

but 28000!!!! :-o

i think someone wants a little too much out of their used car

Old 05-16-2007, 09:38 PM
10 Year Member

OK! Glad I'm not the only one who thinks so!

Old 05-16-2007, 09:59 PM

OMG, nice Horsey floor mats. I guess he wanted to feel like he was sitting in a 'stang? lmao

And I'm sorry, I can't get my head around fuzzy dice in a car that's 87 or newer... it just doesn't look right with the rounded flowing body designs of the day. I had some in my 03 LS for like 2 days... ended up tossing em because they one, block view, and two, they swing around too much.

WTH does he mean by "fiber optic" taillights... They look like stockers to me!

Old 05-16-2007, 10:32 PM
10 Year Member

I don't know, but it looks like this crack-pot might be referring to the LED 3rd brake light under the spoiler. Yeah,I still can't get my head wrapped around someone trying to sell a used, special edition car that is missing the trademark badging, and asking almost sticker price for it!!!

Old 05-17-2007, 07:13 AM
5 Year Member

yah i'm not sure what would be fiber optic on that car ! lol

Old 05-17-2007, 07:38 AM

haha that was great 28g's for a used car thats missing so much. and d00d whats wrong with dice? my car is sporting them LOL

id offer that d00d 10k for that car, more if it was intact, and throw in the floormats looks like good kinlin for my fireplace

Old 05-17-2007, 02:56 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I know if the car was missing key features that make it a special edition, he'd be setting on it a l-o-n-g time.

As for fuzzy dice, well I have a set in my '06. My girlfriend's niece loves my '86 Monte (I let her drive it once and she's been hooked ever since)

I'd planned on letting her drive the '06 LTZ but the chance hasn't presented itself yet?

But this past Christmas she "Wanted to get uncle RJ something for his new car."so she got me the dice to go in it.

The niece is 25 and we're running off together. [sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 05-17-2007, 05:24 PM

I would be carefull about that buy. It might be BS. He could have just got Tony Stewart seats and a dash and thrown them in a standard 05 SS.

They list the VIN, so I would send and email here:cac@chevrolet.com and verify with the VIN if it is a Tony Stewart edition. They were able to track my car down to verify I have the 18th production Intimidator made.

Old 05-17-2007, 06:46 PM
5 Year Member

if its not thought its got a lot of money into it...to buy those seats and that dash and that engine cover and the grille are all very expensive upgrades...he would have spent more money doing that than he would have just buyin a tony stewart edition...

but yah its always a smart idea to run the vin#