General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Uh Oh! Blood Everywhere!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 01:13 AM
Default Uh Oh! Blood Everywhere!

So on Friday I went up to wisconsin with my 2002 monte carlo to go to the iola car show. I made it up there fine and bought a couple pieces for the 87 monte. Then i left on sunday to go get a body kit for the 02. Then after buying the body kit I went and seen cort and his 5 montes in elgin and ate lunch with him. He is a great guy! After that we headed home around 3:30pm and started the 6 hour trip.

We were about 2 hours from home and i let my mom drive the rest of the way because i was tired of driving. Well about an hour later around 9:30 pm we were passing a semi on the interstate and there was a deer carcus(dead) in our lane. My mom tried to swerve and miss it but we ran over top of it. We pulled over right away. When we stoped the back bumper body kit was dragging on the ground only being held on by one bolt and it was cracked.

So we decided we were going to take the bolt off and pull the bumper body kit piece off and drive home. Well after taking that piece off i look under the car to make everything else was alright. Well come to find out the carcus tore off both mufflers where they hook up to the exhaust and they were only held on by the tips and dragging on the ground. Also there is blood EVERYWHERE under the car.

I then decide it is time to call geico and notify them of the accident and also have a state patrolman come remove the carcus that was on the road and check things out. So we contact geico and the patrolman shows up(great guy!) Geico tells us that our towing policy only cover up to 50 miles and that a towing company can be there in an hour(wtf?). The patrolman looks over everything. We remove the muffler and the tips. Take a look under the car and nothing seems to be leaking just lots of blood. So we figure we can drive it the rest of the way and save the towing. The patrolman agrees. Lunkily we made it back home no problems after that.

So now i have to take it to the body shop and get an estimate yay! My mufflers were a little rustad before and my bumper piece was cracked so i guess its a blessing in disguise. My front piece is a little cracked even more and a little loose. I will keep you guys updated.

Ben

Old 07-13-2009, 05:19 AM

WoW, the adventure's of `Ben,
Happy 2 read that you & your Mom are `OK 4-Sure.
Cars can be fixed easier then humans : )
Hope it wasn't Bambi : )
Good Luck on getting everything repaired.
EnJoyed reading your adventure & that you are now safe.

Old 07-13-2009, 09:53 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Oh wow...sorry to hear that....But at least you guys are ok. Plus it does not sound overly bad as far as damage goes...Yes i would be totally pissed, but at least its fixable and you did not hit a live deer head on, that probably would have been worse...

Let us know how everything turns out, and if the insurance covers everything.

Old 07-13-2009, 09:59 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Ran over a deer carcus a few months ago... maybe in March? My air-deflector had a lot of blood and hair on it... I got the car jacked up and started cleaning it lol

It's nasty, but luckily the deer didn't rip anything off my car, but you will get a horrible smell after the car warms up for a while until you get it all off.

Old 07-13-2009, 10:17 AM

before i bought my monte i had an old bonneville and i was hit by a deer. yea he hit me he ran right into the side of my car and broke both hubcaps mirror and all the trim on the side of the car. then got up and ran away.

Old 07-13-2009, 04:55 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

I'm glad you and your mom are OK.

Old 07-14-2009, 02:38 PM
rj
15 Year Member

Glad to read you and your mom are okay.

Sure I'd be pissed like I know you are. But the Monte can be repaired.

Hopefully by now you've gotten an estimate on getting the car fixed and Geico is working with you.

Old 07-14-2009, 08:44 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Eeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-14-2009, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by White04monte
before i bought my monte i had an old bonneville and i was hit by a deer. yea he hit me he ran right into the side of my car and broke both hubcaps mirror and all the trim on the side of the car. then got up and ran away.

Thats happened to me too...twice...once while driving in the grand prix, seen her coming, hit the brakes hard and swerved into the other lane and she still ran into me. No damage, just a scratch that buffed out and lots and lots of fur on the fender and door.

The other time I was stopped, actually stopped and put the car into park because one was standing in the middle of the road and wouldn't move. Another one ran out of the trees and right into the side of the 65 GTO we had, fell down and preceeded to kick the crud out of the car. No dents only a few scrapes.

Crazy deer.

Old 07-20-2009, 12:37 PM

check your frames i did the same thing hiting a dead deer on the road it bent my frame a little and tore out my exaughst. but i was fine but up set va deer are freakin unusually big to bend the frame while there dead. im glad that the frame is fixed and now to fix the custum exaughst bumpers and fog lights

Quick Reply: Uh Oh! Blood Everywhere!