General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

turn signal flasher

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 11:27 AM
Default turn signal flasher

My 2004 Monte Carlo's turn signals not working all the time. O.K so it's the flasher which is behind the emergency flasher botton. I bought the part, but can not figure out how to get to it!! I tried going up from underneath but it"s too far up! Can anyone tell me how to get the dash off? Or is there an easier way to get to it? Any help would be appreciated!!

Old 12-13-2007, 12:39 PM
Default RE: turn signal flasher

Hi Brian, & Welcome to the MCF
Sorry to read that you are having problems.
I haven't been able to locate the information on your 04, but
the below link is information on a 99 GM.
It will give you some idea on the replacement.
Please be patience, and I'm sure one of our expert member's
will contribute to this post when they are online.
Good Luck to you, and Happy Holidays,
`Space
Click on below link to view
[:-]

Old 12-13-2007, 06:36 PM
Default RE: turn signal flasher

basicly, the 'face' off the dash just pulls off. the whole big piece from around the headlight switch all the way over to the right side of the radio and heater controls.

but dont start pulling just yet... i'm guessing theres 4? screws that need to come out first. start by poping the panel off the left end of the dash, between the dash and the door, after thats off you will find one screw that holds the front of the dash on. then i think you need to remove the panel underneath the steering column, i wanna say it has 2 screws in the bottom and then the top part pulls out. then open up your glovebox, in the top left corner theres a screw that holds that end of it. then i like to remove the ignition cyl bezel, just the hard plastic part, not the rubber part. remove your key from your key ring and put it in the ignition, set the park brake, turn the key to ACC, move the gear shifter to 1st gear, tilt the steering wheel all the way down... and i think yer ready to start pulling on the face of the dash.

i dont think more than a 7mm and a pocket screwdriver are required to get it all done, but i think 2 screwdrivers is helpfull when removing the hazard switch