General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Restoration: True Fender Bender!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2019, 12:44 PM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default True Fender Bender!

Got bumped into the exhaust of a Ram 1500;
all he got out of it was a bent exhaust.

Gonna put it in the shop in a couple weeks. $1,075 for a complete fix in 3 days so I don't miss work.

Last edited by Thrush_Glasspack; 03-21-2019 at 12:46 PM.
Old 03-21-2019, 02:04 PM

Ouch.. Unfortunate...

Old 03-26-2019, 05:56 PM

Hay how did you get those green headlights? I want to try that !

Old 04-20-2019, 03:52 PM
5 Year Member

Hoping to have my car back after the holiday...but until then, I'll share some pics of my painted champion rear bumper. Still have to paint the bottom silver and it will be finished.

Old 04-20-2019, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Thrush_Glasspack
Got bumped into the exhaust of a Ram 1500;
all he got out of it was a bent exhaust.

Gonna put it in the shop in a couple weeks. $1,075 for a complete fix in 3 days so I don't miss work.
Well that is ugly, don't tell us you were driving distracted, we may have to chuckle at your misfortune. Looks to be about a 10-15 mph impact, could have been worse. Least your front bumper cover and modded chin spoiler pretty much survived. The hood and fender are usually to be had for next to nothing. Now that headlight could be a problem if it is an aftermarket blacked out style without the corner amber lense. ebay had them for a brief period lately, now they are gone again. Apparently not DOT legal. See you have a decent quote and a 3 day turn around. Seems light on the estimate side so be prepared to accept either a good enough job or one acceptable based on the quote. Fender, hood, light, labor and a repaint for $1100. I would probably do it too as $2500 would make me not want to do it. Best of luck and next time keep you hands out of the passenger seating area while driving, distracted driving indeed. Now go wash your hand.

Old 04-21-2019, 05:36 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by O-Five
Well that is ugly, don't tell us you were driving distracted, we may have to chuckle at your misfortune. Looks to be about a 10-15 mph impact, could have been worse. Least your front bumper cover and modded chin spoiler pretty much survived. The hood and fender are usually to be had for next to nothing. Now that headlight could be a problem if it is an aftermarket blacked out style without the corner amber lense. ebay had them for a brief period lately, now they are gone again. Apparently not DOT legal. See you have a decent quote and a 3 day turn around. Seems light on the estimate side so be prepared to accept either a good enough job or one acceptable based on the quote. Fender, hood, light, labor and a repaint for $1100. I would probably do it too as $2500 would make me not want to do it. Best of luck and next time keep you hands out of the passenger seating area while driving, distracted driving indeed. Now go wash your hand.
No distracted driving, just bumper to bumper morning traffic that came to a very abrupt stop which caused all the chaos.

Wash my hand? Am I missing a joke or something?

Old 04-21-2019, 07:38 AM

Im wondering if I wanna even know what the hand comment is about..

Anyway, I really wanna see that bumper on the car..

Old 04-21-2019, 07:47 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by wht02monte
Im wondering if I wanna even know what the hand comment is about..

Anyway, I really wanna see that bumper on the car..
Not sure what O-Five was getting at, but if you want to see what that bumper looks like on an MC, just go to YouTube and look up Turbo Monte;

He's the reason why I got the bumper for my vehicle.

Old 04-23-2019, 09:27 AM
5 Year Member

More photos of my car at the shop;

The whole car hasn't been painted yet...looking for a led light bar to go on the rear bumper. Also removing the rear spoiler for a duckbill spoiler while waiting on my smoked headlights to come in. Trying to decide if I should put Iroc or Touren rims on my car.

Old 04-23-2019, 12:25 PM

Do you have any plans for the stuff you can see through the holes in the rear bumper?

Just looks odd seeing the crash bar IMO, maybe if it was flat black or something it wouldn't be so noticeable?

Quick Reply: Restoration: True Fender Bender!