Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   General Monte Carlo Talk (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/general-monte-carlo-talk-9/)
-   -   Thinking About Trading The Monte (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/general-monte-carlo-talk-9/thinking-about-trading-monte-26667/)

ChibiBlackSheep 03-11-2011 08:00 PM

Who cares about MPGs, look at that thing!! :P

Mike 00LS 03-11-2011 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep (Post 304899)
Who cares about MPGs, look at that thing!! :P

That's about the size of it.:) Of course being able to pay for it is also important, which I can so I'm sure I'll he making the switch soon.

monte carlo 3831 03-11-2011 08:48 PM

What are you gonna drive in the winter? Maybe you should just keep the 2000 monte?

Mike 00LS 03-11-2011 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by monte carlo 3831 (Post 304926)
What are you gonna drive in the winter? Maybe you should just keep the 2000 monte?

Limited space is an issue. My driveway isn't the largest and the Monte and the Silverado take up both sides. I guess I could always say it's my dads and park in on one of the parking pads in his condo neighborhood, and just drop the insurance off it until Winter. It's a very good neighborhood so I don't have to worry about it getting damaged/vandalized while it's parked.

JuniorCar 03-11-2011 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by mogwog (Post 304933)
Limited space is an issue. My driveway isn't the largest and the Monte and the Silverado take up both sides. I guess I could always say it's my dads and park in on one of the parking pads in his condo neighborhood, and just drop the insurance off it until Winter. It's a very good neighborhood so I don't have to worry about it getting damaged/vandalized while it's parked.

Your doing a great job of working this out! Go with that!

monte carlo 3831 03-11-2011 09:18 PM

whatever you do, that V8 is gonna be a sweet ride, forsure!

and, I hope I didn't frustrate you with the post about only getting $1500 for your 2000 monte? I traded in a 2000 sebring that I thought I would be able to get a good trade-in for it, but all they gave me was $1000 and a bunch of BS about getting a free warranty which wasn't the case! Considering the fact that my sebring would just randomly die I just said wtf and bought my Monte!

Mike 00LS 03-11-2011 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by monte carlo 3831 (Post 304938)
whatever you do, that V8 is gonna be a sweet ride, forsure!

OH THAT'S FOR SURE!

and, I hope I didn't frustrate you with the post about only getting $1500 for your 2000 monte
No, not at all. Actually I got the 3k value from Kelly Blue Book and hoped I could try to get close to that (hey, I can dream right? :D).

Mike 00LS 03-11-2011 09:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just goofing around in Photoshop - but I like!

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/at...1&d=1299900920

Attachment 5350

monte carlo 3831 03-11-2011 09:44 PM

looks great, keep both of them.

SS Tom 03-11-2011 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by mogwog (Post 304541)
Yep, I'm going to do some number crunching in the next few days and get everything set. I will be a few weeks before I do anything yet. Unfortunately for me, the dealership where this car is at is about 1.25 hours away from me so I'm not going to be making to many trips out there. I'll have to do it all at home, go out for a test drive and if all is good, sign the papers then.

Me and a buddy drove to a dealer nearly 3 hrs away just to look at my 07. I'm very picky and fortunately for me it was perfect, struck a deal and drove it home. With the fuel management system that shuts off 4 cylinders for better fuel economy it does very well on mileage (as long as you keep your foot out of it). But when you do step on the gas - hang on!
I know a lot of mechanics who work at Chevy dealers and when asked if I could run regular fuel to save a few bucks, they said as long as it didn't ping it would be OK. So far, the car has run pefectly with no pinging at all and honestly, I can't tell the difference in performance.
So I'm in agreeance with the others here, if you like the car and it's in your budget go for it!!