General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Thinking about getting a Trailblazer SS

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 12:17 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Thinking about getting a Trailblazer SS

I usually change vehicles every couple of years and it's about that time, so I've been looking at the 400hp 2007-2009 Trailblazer SS. I would go with black, RWD preferred, but AWD would be fine.

Any opinions on the TBSS? Would you trade your 06-07 Monte SS for one? I have 2 kids and it is a pain to slide the seat forward & back when they get in/out of the car. What other vehicles would please my inner car sole and still get the kids to and fro?

Old 01-31-2011, 02:44 AM

damn, i didnt know they came equipped with that much horses. besides its a chevy, go for it. imma look the blazer up right now

Old 01-31-2011, 05:52 AM

that TB SS will probably out run your monte off the line right now..a guy i work with has one and he's ran in the 12's n the 1/4 mile...plus its an SUV with that kind of power...pretty legit if you ask me!! Also some other cars that you might like would be the jeep SRT 8 but thats if your willing to steer away from GM...but i'm a chevy guy and would go with the TB! or if you wanted go with a ford edge sport..its turbo'd and pretty quick for an SUV...i know this cause i work at a car dealership and we got one in and i drove it around...and for the last one seeings how you've been wanting to go with an SUV...i know its a Mazda but its still turbocharged but you could go with the mazda CX-7 grand touring!!..yeah its a mazda but its all basically what you want and how much you are willing to spend!!! hope this helps a little bit

Old 01-31-2011, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by 2006 Silver Monte SS
I usually change vehicles every couple of years and it's about that time, so I've been looking at the 400hp 2007-2009 Trailblazer SS. I would go with black, RWD preferred, but AWD would be fine.

Keep your Monte & leave the kid's @ home LOL
We all have 2 `do what is best 4 `us...Wish you good luck on getting what is best 4 U & that you will enjoy...

AutoTrader.com has over 222 (07-09) SS Trailblazer's, but the nice ones are around $29 K WoW....
I like them, but they aren't good on gas, but they offer a lot for a Performace SUV....

Let us know what you decide & good Luck 4-Sure...

Last edited by Space; 01-31-2011 at 07:48 AM.
Old 01-31-2011, 11:25 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

The TBSS is a GREAT upgrade. What more can you ask for. It has plenty of leg room, a 400 hp LS2, and it can tow. With less then a grand, you can outrun a Cherokee SRT8 with mostly a CAI and Tune ( trust me, i know what i'm talking about ). I had and 04 TB and always wanted to move up to the TBSS but never got the chance.

If you do decided to get it, check out TRAILVOY.COM. I used belong there years ago ( screen name: jjsryd ) and some of the SoCal guys still know me.

Good luck with the choice man.

Old 01-31-2011, 11:30 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

WOW, i just went there and my log in name is still good after all these years. LOL

Here are a few pics of it.

Last edited by The Popcorn King; 01-31-2011 at 11:36 AM.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:07 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

that would be a great compromise still get good looking rig and the power but more leg room for you family I would do it !!

Old 01-31-2011, 03:22 PM

Don't do it man! It might seem like a good move now..you know something with all the bells & whistles; high horse power; fast etc; but remember this they're terrible on gas, and you better believe the price of gas is going up. It'll NEVER come back down where it was. If you have plenty of gas money to burn than i say go for it...other than that "Don't do it man."

Old 01-31-2011, 03:54 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Wow. That pretty much sums it up. Thanks, guys!

An extra 100hp and more comfort can't be a bad thing, can it? The Monte SS is probably my favorite car owned to this date, so hopefully the TB SS can make me just as happy.

The only things I would do to the TB SS is get the SLP dual exhaust outlet kit and tint the front side windows to match the rest. Needs nothing else in my opinion.

Old 01-31-2011, 03:56 PM

i like the tbss. i beat an awd one from a roll in my 06. theyre pretty quick bone stock for its size, and not to be a stickler its rated at 395hp. lol. dont even think about getting the cx-7. my gf has one and the car is a total piece. she got it new. its *** slow gets, and terrible fuel mileage. its way to heavy for the motor thats in it.

Quick Reply: Thinking about getting a Trailblazer SS