General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Are these worth the money?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 12:36 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010
Question Are these worth the money?

Soo car show season is coming up & i'm trying to find some things that'll help "spice up" my car. Special floormats are one thing I really wanna get, preferibly Dale Earnhardt Senior ones obviously. So what do you guys think about these? Do you think they are worth the money & all to get them? One problem though, my interior is like that ebony-black color but my car does have silver on the outside & eventually I'm gonna do something silver in the interior so what do you guys think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

BTW if the link didn't work lemme know. I got like 4ish days to decide

These would be strictly for car shows & they would eventually alternate with these others that I wanna try to find that have the classic "Heartbeat of America" on them but until then, this is all I got. Thanks guys

Old 03-29-2010, 06:27 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

I think the grey would look off in your car but thats just my opinion.
I think something like this would be cool:
http://shop.fanhouse.com/Dale-Earnha...702280_PD.html

These ones are rubber but if you could find carpet ones like it that would be awesome.

Old 03-29-2010, 07:46 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I don't think you should buy any mats that are not the matching color to your actual carpet, just my opinion. But i've seen people put mats in their cars that matched trim, or some other interior part, but didnt match the carpet. IMO it always appears to just be some mats that someone threw in, just so they could have mats. Stick with an ebony mat.

Also, I recommend buying a custom made mat that is actually cut to fit your floorboards in the Monte. I think it can look weird, and cheap sometimes when mats do not fit properly, or leave large opening where you can still see carpet. That said, I bought aftermarket mats for my car that are embroidered, and they look great, fit like OEM, but they were not cheap.

Old 03-29-2010, 10:07 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

I am a real purest when it comes to showing my car and I have been doing car shows for a long time now (and I am now judging them as well). I just like the look of stock best. To stay in a stock class you can have 3 appearance/performance mods (which I do have). And it all depends on how strick the show is. Because of my aftermarket graphics on the red car, I wouldn't even qualify in stock class for a "Gold Spinner Award" (the highest honors for an non Corvette Chevy) at a national show like Chevy Vettefest (which I have participated twice in and won a "Gold" Bowtie Boulavard award both times). Unless you want your car in a modified class, I'd keep the original carpet floor mats that came with the car.

Last edited by AwesomeSS; 03-29-2010 at 10:11 AM.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:05 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I guess my car wouldn't be in the stock class...

I would stick with the stock floormats, or maybe something done by a professional that keeps the stock carpet dimensions and matches the color.

Old 03-29-2010, 11:10 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- October 2010

I would have to pass on them in my personal opinion.... like said before... keep it the stock carpet interior.... I know your probably saying " well brad, yours doesnt goes with your carpet lol..... well my floor mats are metal so its ok lol jk! haha

Old 03-29-2010, 11:36 AM
rj
15 Year Member

I'm at the opposite side of the ball field.

I happen to think "IF" your car does have a similar color on it, then using (for instance) these floor mats in your car will bring the grey/silver inside and tie the outside to the inside. WHICH..... by the way will win you pionts at car shows. AS long as it's done tastefully and not overdone.

Look at the Pace cars that have red/ebony seats. Do they have red/black floor mats? NOPE!
Even the JG Monte, it has pewter/ebony seats. Our '03 Pace car is suppose to have the very same type seats but it sure does not. It only has the pewter accents inside. Where's the pewter color on the outside of the car?

To me, these lighter color floor mats will lighten up the inside of your Monte.

Old 03-29-2010, 07:35 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I say go with what you like. It's your car. It's supposed to represent your tastes. If you like the stock look, that's fine. No problem with stock. But the little personal touches you put into your car makes it yours and not the GM design team's car.

Old 03-29-2010, 09:25 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

Well I know the grey kinda looks odd & all but I was planning on doing something like this to the inside of the car eventually so i think it would match once i get it all done

And yes this is the interior of a 02 dale earnhardt edition monte

Old 03-29-2010, 09:41 PM

are those pics of your car, or a brand new one.

if so you must be pretty selfish with letting friends ride with you. lol

and correct me if im wrong but didnt those mats say 7 dollars. if you like um then give um a try.

i just have the premium black wal-marts for the summer, and the rubber plasticolor chevy ones for the winter. i like the rubber ones, they look clean.

i would like some like mamontes, but i get dirty at work and would ruin them, like my driver seat. lol leathers expensive.

Quick Reply: Are these worth the money?