General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

IS THERE A MAX SPEED ON THE MC???? CAN IT BE DISABLED???

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 01:24 AM
Default IS THERE A MAX SPEED ON THE MC???? CAN IT BE DISABLED???

Well the other day i was cruisin down the freeway when a stock chrysler 300 pulled up next to me, next thing i know i had him beat, then the display center said maximum speed 107mph i was going 115 and it brought me back down. Its an 06 LT2 does anyone know about this? Im hoping its a setting that could be disabled if not, its no fun for my new ride

Old 02-27-2007, 10:09 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default RE: IS THERE A MAX SPEED ON THE MC???? CAN IT BE DISABLED???

i dont know if its in thecomputer on these cars but the govener needs to be removed...maybe if you have any friends that are really good gm mechanics they may know where it is...thats what needs to be taken out...

and if its a computer thing there is always the possiblitly of getting it reprogrammed

107 doesn't seem like it should be top speed, i've had my monte quiete a bit faster than that...

Old 02-27-2007, 04:28 PM

I dont know if there would be a difference between the LT2 and the SS, but I had my 06SS to 120 with no warnings. The only thing that slowed me down was the state trooper heading the other direction, otherwise I would have buried it!

Old 02-27-2007, 04:30 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

oh come on!! lol..he was going the other direction...by the time he got turned around and back up to speed you would be long gone if you were going faster than 120...lol!!!

Old 02-27-2007, 04:51 PM

ORIGINAL: AEROSE

I dont know if there would be a difference between the LT2 and the SS, but I had my 06SS to 120 with no warnings. The only thing that slowed me down was the state trooper heading the other direction, otherwise I would have buried it!
Same here in my 06 SS 120 or so,no warning lights. It sure WANTED to go more!!!

I HATE curves in roads [sm=boosign.gif]

Old 02-27-2007, 05:46 PM

What engine does the LT2 have in it.
You will find that the computer will control max speed.....

Old 02-27-2007, 08:05 PM

i know the 03 i have has seen more then 120 and no warrnings and also you can remove the limitor on them i did on mine. but it was in the computer not the govener.

and yes they will go more then 120mph with out a issue. i have to say make sure you can drive tha tfast and comfortabel other wise it could be very deadly. these cars tend to get lose at those speeds and also feel real light after you let out of the gas on them

Old 02-27-2007, 11:14 PM

Mickey, that's very true. I remember very specifically those 'light' feelings in my 2003 LS... You know, when the autowash doesn't have the blow dryers.... gotta dry it somehow!

I haven't been able to really give my new one a test, but I'd imagine that because the lower air dam is gone (You know, the black plastic thing for finding curbs/parking barriers) that this would change some of the aerodynamic properties of the car. Of course it could effect them for the worse instead of the better.

Hmm 06 2lt, should have the 3.5 (or the 3500 or whatever) Do you remember what RPM you were at?
I (obviously) have an 06 LT 3LT, and I'll have to see if it's speed limited. Granted, my car is the 3.9, which could change things. Unfortunately I don't know when I'll be able to do it, since road conditions in Iowa change every flipping day.

Old 02-28-2007, 11:38 AM
Monte Of The Month - July 2005

yeah i have a 05 lt and mine had some problems getting over 115 it slowed down then kept going slowly up, but that was all changed with my pcm reprogram!!! but once you get up to 130 in a monte you really dont need to do it more than once its a lil scary it seemed like th back end was liftin up guess im gonna have to get that nascar spoiler for more downforece... lol

Old 03-02-2007, 01:33 AM

V6 engines are governed at 107 with SS V8s at 128. This is factory set and can be overridden with a power programmer. However none are made for V6s just the V8 motors at this time.

Quick Reply: IS THERE A MAX SPEED ON THE MC???? CAN IT BE DISABLED???