General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Thanks Craig :)

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 09:58 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Thanks Craig :)

Well, I hope you guys don't mind me taking over Space's job for a minute, but Craig, you made some awesome signatures today (11/07), and I think we would all like to think you for all of your hardwork for us. Here is a recap of his signatures

Thanks again Craig, for all of your hard work today and in the future

Cowboy Duane Black

Old 11-08-2007, 03:59 AM
Default RE: Thanks Craig :)

Well, I hope you guys don't mind me taking over Space's job for a minute, but Craig, you made some awesome signatures today (11/07), and I think we would all like to think you for all of your hardwork for us. Here is a recap of his signatures
Cowboy
Hi Cowboy -Duane -
I was happy to see you given credit to `Craig,
We must give credit where credit is due, and Craig
deserves the credit for taking time from his life to share
his talent with the MCF Member's.
It's like `Santa came early with gift's to the member's.
Oh, `Cowboy....`Space doesn't consider the MCF a `job,
It's his net playground. A place to escape from school work,
a place to learn about the Monte Carlo's,a place to meet
people from all over our World. Oh, it's a place that
`Space can afford to `go,& it's free : )
No Admission Charge
Thank You member Black Attack -Craig -
from the member's of the
Monte Carlo Family

Old 11-08-2007, 08:58 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007

WELL... I get to work and with my LCD screen vs my CRT at the house, I can see flaws in all the sigs... I will correct them when I get home. I never notice how dark my CRT is compared to the LCD at work. Colors are different too. CRT the colors are a lot more rich & dark, the LCD the colors look a little washed out.

But on Cowboys -- I will dress his tires, get rid of the grass under the car, and see about putting those fighting squirrels on his roof.
RJs -- I will fix the girl's hair, and eliminate the shadow under the car.
Rocks -- eliminate the shadow under the car, and the same for TAZ.

But it is a pleasure... I like to keep busy, and my A.D.D.(???) forces me to bounce away, 10-minutes reading a book, 15-minutes playing my guitar, 15-minutes cleaning the house, 10-20 minutes doing graphics, 15-minutes writting, and repeat. There are only a fewthings that hold my attention longer - Problem Solving/Trouble shooting/Failure Analysis (Corporate level to Floor Level - LOVE IT), Bass Fishing, and Detailing.

But I am glad you guys like them!

Old 11-08-2007, 09:28 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thanks Craig.
There's no need to redo mine. Because of the black ground effects on my car, and the background pic being dark at the bottom anyway, you can't see the shadow under the car anyway. Ilove it!

Old 11-08-2007, 11:28 AM

Craig, a little off topic, but you mentioned playing your guitar. I myself play guitar, and did so in a band for 16 years. What kind of guitar(s) do you have?

I have a Martin D41, which I treated myself to when I quit playing in the band, but I also kept my FenderTelecaster for aold time sake. I also have a Fender Twin Reverb as the amp.

Old 11-08-2007, 01:02 PM
Photobucket

ORIGINAL: Revitupfaster

Craig, a little off topic, but you mentioned playing your guitar. I myself play guitar, and did so in a band for 16 years. What kind of guitar(s) do you have?

I have a Martin D41, which I treated myself to when I quit playing in the band, but I also kept my FenderTelecaster for aold time sake. I also have a Fender Twin Reverb as the amp.
I mainly play an OvationS771. I play everything, of the modern bands I like 3 Doors Down, Nickelback, Staind, Velvent Revolver... But I play Country, Jazz, Rock, Metal, Alternative, Real Classical, a little bit of everthing.

I own a Marshall 2203 Concert Stack, Les Paul Custom, SG, Custom Strat, and a Carlos Santana Yamaha. But 99% of the time, I play my Ovation. I REALLY, REALLY, REALLYwant a 714CE Taylor!!!

Old 11-08-2007, 01:08 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

taz, i didn't see anything wrong with that sig until Craig pointed it out.

Old 11-08-2007, 01:38 PM

Nice collection you have. I was always searching for that "Certain" sound when I was playing regularly, we played a lot of 60's rock and Country, and finally determined it came from a Fender Strat. The Tele didn't have the "Full" sounding mids that the Strat produces, but by the time I came to that determination, I wasn't going to invest the money for a new Strat.

The Les Paul is a real nice piece. I have only played on one for a short time, so didn't have time to really get used to the settings. It may also have given the sound I was looking for had I been using one regularly. I found them to be pretty heavy, especially if it's on your shoulder all night.

I did have a Guild Starfire (Semi-Acoustic) which gave a real mellow sound, but I sold it, along with an Ovation, to put together the money to buy the Martin. I do like the Taylor models. My son's girlfriend has a Taylor. She does a lot of Folk type stuff. Check out here website www.carolinewiles.com.

Old 11-08-2007, 07:29 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Wow you guys have some nice guitars. I have one I got in 1970 for Christmas. It's a Fender flat top (acoustic) guitar.

I took lessons at a music store but found I learned more by teaching myself. I played for years but somewhat lost interest. Life got in the way as I got older.

Old 11-09-2007, 08:13 AM
Photobucket

I love playing and writing... It helps me to stay balanced, calming anger, turning sadness into joy, laziness into energy, boredom into excitement. I start every session with three songs to loosen up and to wake me up, and three of my favorite songs to play back to back are... Tesla's "Love Song", Led Zeppelin's "Over the Hills and Far Away", and Lynard Skynard's "Free Bird" I like songs that start slow and then explode. Check out this youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yt-ybUuZjLE

Quick Reply: Thanks Craig :)