General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Ten White Trash Cars To Match Your Mullet

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 02:10 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009
Default Ten White Trash Cars To Match Your Mullet

Anyone else see this?
Ten White Trash Cars To Match Your Mullet

Go Monte Carlo!!!!

1.) Chevy Monte Carlo

Why It's White Trash: NASCAR holds a special place in the hearts of white trash and because of this, so does the Chevy Monte Carlo. For best results, however, the car needs to be done up à la NASCAR, complete with Budweiser decals. You have to look like and be like your favorite NASCAR driver, which could have been anyone because there were so many Monte Carlo's on track, to be king of the trailer park.

I love Jalopnik!

Old 11-17-2010, 02:50 PM

The author must be a GM hating civic driver. 7 of 10 were GMs.

Old 11-17-2010, 03:07 PM

Ha ha! That is stereotyping right there! I hate Nascar (no offense to anyone that likes it!). That is great. I am surprised that the Monte beat out a mid to late 80's Camaro or foxbody Mustang. Too funny!

Old 11-17-2010, 03:35 PM
Photobucket

Originally Posted by LuSe4
Ha ha! That is stereotyping right there! I hate Nascar (no offense to anyone that likes it!). That is great. I am surprised that the Monte beat out a mid to late 80's Camaro or foxbody Mustang. Too funny!
My thoughts exactly. Except I don't really hate it. It's just so boring... I can't stand watching it. It's in the same league as golf and tennis.

Old 11-17-2010, 03:58 PM
Photobucket

Haha. My first car was a Beretta.

Old 11-17-2010, 03:58 PM

Perhaps this qualifies me for the white trash hall of fame ...... I am the current owner of white trash cars ranking #1 and #5 (Monte Carlo and Trans Am) and I previously owned the #7 (Beretta). I lost the mullet in 1984. Oh, and I've got a Rusty Wallace license plate on my Lumina, and a Dale Jr plate on my wife's Dodge Caravan, so those cars now can also be considered as white trash!

Last edited by JaxJim; 11-17-2010 at 04:01 PM.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:59 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

That top ten list keeps re-appearing on Jalopnik every few months. Even though it's got a new date on it, it's always the same 10 cars on the list.

A lot of those in the list are referring to either one specific car, or a small few modified cars. Like the #10 car on the list. They mention lifted Aerostars. Personally, I have never seen a lifted Aerostar.

The list goes with suggestions by members. Just because some of Jalopnik's members see a lot of Grand Am's and Aerostars in Walmart parking lots in their area, doesn't mean every walmart parking lot is loaded with them. The Walmart parking lots where I live are filled with mostly imports. So perhaps the Jalopnik members seeing nothing but lifted Aerostars and Grand Ams live in a redneck town.

There are also personal biases involved in that list. Case in point: The member who suggested the Chevy S10 is a Ford enthusiast. More specifically, a Ford TEMPO enthusiast. Here's the exact quote from the Jalopnik list:

Suggested by: Ford Tempo Fanatic
Why It's White Trash: Everyone needs a truck at some point or another. The problem is that those who can't afford the Silverado opt for the S-10, and those that opt for a Chevy product over a Ford product, like the Ranger, tend to be of the trailer park sort. What follows a white trash purchasing an S-10 is almost overwhelming.
"...those that opt for a Chevy product over a Ford product, like the Ranger, tend to be of the trailer park sort."

Typical comment I would expect from a Ford guy. Strong words coming from someone who seems to revere the all-time greatest car ever to roll off the assembly line, the Ford Tempo.

As for the Monte shown in the list, I think the contingency stickers are overkill. But again, that car is a custom job. Not all Montes look like that.

Of all the Nascar driver edition 6th gen Montes, the Dale Jr edition is the one with the most obvious decals on it. With the Jeff Gordon edition being a close second with the ghost flames. But people of all age groups have commented that all the driver editions were tastefully done from the factory. Even the Dale Jr edition. Peel the two 8's off the sides, and you got a red Monte with black stripes.

Of course not everyone is going to like every car. To each their own. Personally, I found the Cavalier with the General Lee "01" on the doors was funny.

I just think you need to take lists like that with a grain of salt.

Old 11-17-2010, 06:06 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Lol, the cavalier had me laughing out loud.

Old 11-17-2010, 06:58 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Who's is this Jalopenick?

Old 11-17-2010, 07:07 PM

Dang, I have a pair of 1's and a 3.

Quick Reply: Ten White Trash Cars To Match Your Mullet