General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

::tear::

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 07:37 PM
Default RE: ::tear::

It must have a bent frame to get totaled-out. Time on the Frame Machine can add-up fast. If it does have a buckled quarter you aren't going to get away with just hoping it unbuckles when the frame machine straightens-out the error.

Unless you have connections to a body shop or are well advanced in refinishing skills ... you might as well let that one go. You be opening a big can of worms on yourself even if the frame is only out a half-in or less.

Old 03-27-2008, 09:03 PM

actually Rick i was told tha tif the air bags in the car are deployed it is totaled.

Go figure this is a way to lose your car. but from wha thtey were saying is it is cheaper to replace the car then the air bags. even thou i have yet to figgure that one out.

thsi was over me almost hitting a deer earlier this year.
But i would defenlty take someoen who know what they are doign with you to check this car befor eyou bought it they will know how to messure it to knwo if it is bent or not and the points to do the drops from

Old 03-27-2008, 09:11 PM

Those seats would look so good in my car. I wish it was being parted out i would buy the seats in an instant

Old 03-28-2008, 07:24 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

ORIGINAL: mickey

actually Rick i was told tha tif the air bags in the car are deployed it is totaled.

Go figure this is a way to lose your car. but from wha thtey were saying is it is cheaper to replace the car then the air bags. even thou i have yet to figgure that one out.
That's what I've always heard too.
My son's second Honda was totalled for a lot less.
A friend of his Honda was also totalled for something you could barely see. Someone backed into the corner of the front bumper, cracked the headlight and pushed it back just a smidge into the fender, and put a 2 inch crease in the carbon fiber hood. If you were not looking for the damage, you would not notice it unless the light was right.

Old 03-28-2008, 08:16 PM

yeah it blows me away for how disposabel our cars ahve become over simpel fixes

Old 03-28-2008, 08:36 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Actually it sickens me how quickly the insurance companies send cars to the scrap yard over simple fixes. To me this seems incredibly wasteful.

They just cut you a check for something like $1500 and tell you to go buy yourself another car with it. Yeah! Sure! What the %^&* kinda car am I gonna buy for fifteen hundred bucks?

Meanwhile your old car goes to the scrap yard just because the airbags deployed. How much are the insurance companies paying for these airbags anyway? Where are they buyin from? The pentagon? Sheesh![:'(]

Old 03-28-2008, 08:49 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

Taz, your post reminded me of this:

Dear Internal Revenue Service:

Enclosed you will find my 2007 tax return showing that I owe $3,407.00 in taxes. Please note
the attached article from the USA Today newspaper;
dated 12 November, wherein you will see the Pentagon (Department of Defense) is paying $171.50 per hammer and NASA has paid $600.00 per toilet seat.

I am enclosing four (4) toilet seats (valued @ $2,400) and six (6)
hammers valued @ $1,029), which I secured at Home Depot, bringing my total remittance to $3,429.00. Please apply the overpayment of $22.00 to the "Presidential Election Fund," as noted on my return. You can do this inexpensively by sending them one (1) 1.5" Phillips Head screw (see aforementioned article from USA Today newspaper detailing how H.U.D. pays $22.00 each for 1.5" Phillips Head Screws). One screw is enclosed for
your convenience.

It has been a pleasure to pay my tax bill this year, and I look forward
to paying it again next year.

Sincerely,
A Satisfied Taxpayer

Old 03-29-2008, 07:26 PM

ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![&:][&:][&:]