General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Supercharger oil

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2017, 09:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Supercharger oil

You guys have any recommendation on which to use and how much?
Im seeing 6oz online as I dont have a manual that came with my monte.

AND, what would cause low boost? Im seeing about 3-4 lbs at WOT, high RPM and I know this isnt right seeing as my bonneville pushes about 8 with LESS mods. Plus in low RPM it already hits about 5..

Seems the supercharger fluid is low because everything I read says you should be able to see the oil when you remove the plug but its about 2 inches lower than the threads for the plug..

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks..

Old 06-27-2017, 10:58 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

ACDelco 10-4041, takes 1.5 bottles.

Check the vent on the BBV solenoid, it could be clogged. Or you can just bypass the boost control solenoid, read around on some grandprix forums. I believe that could solve your boost issue.

Old 06-27-2017, 03:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
ACDelco 10-4041, takes 1.5 bottles.

Check the vent on the BBV solenoid, it could be clogged. Or you can just bypass the boost control solenoid, read around on some grandprix forums. I believe that could solve your boost issue.
Yea, the boost bypass "mod" Ive heard works wonders, then I heard it has so much as froze up someones blower..

I can always replace the supercharger tho if it comes to damage.. Just dont wanna mess up the engine.

Thank you tho, I couldnt find the kind of oil for the life of google.

Old 06-27-2017, 04:55 PM

May be able to find the oil at local dealers too. Last time I bought some, the local Cadillac dealer had a bunch in stock.

IMO, if it hasn't been changed recently, I wouldnt just top it off. I'd go ahead and suck out the old and replace with all fresh as long as you're in there.

Do keep in mind, this system isn't supposed to need oil top offs. If it is low on oil, it is likely leaking somewhere. May want to check around the base for signs of leakage depending how quickly it's going down.