General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Stupid Monte Tricks

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 04:59 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008
Default Stupid Monte Tricks

Disclaimer: Not to be confused with stupid animal tricks!

I have noticed that the coat hanger in the rear seats is useless for carrying coats or hangers.

The slightest turn or windows down and the air or momentum pushes the item(s) being hung right off the hook.

GM should make an inverted design where the end of the coat hanger is wider or a design that has small holes for the wire hangers.

Solution: When bringing your clothes home from the cleaner, hang the first hangers normally on the hook. Take the last and outer most hanger and put the tip of the hanger into the recessed or hollowed center of the plastic GM coat hanger.

This will act as a temporary retainer andkeep all the other hangers from sliding off. For those who don't understand, I will try to take pictures.

If anyone has other stupid Monte tricks, please post for our members to read.

(This kind of sounds like a Space[sm=alien.gif]post huh?)

Old 07-03-2007, 05:39 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default RE: Stupid Monte Tricks

i've never had to use mine yet, that would **** me off though if i just went and had my suit drycleaned

Old 07-03-2007, 05:44 PM

ORIGINAL: wiz kidd

i've never had to use mine yet, that would **** me off though if i just went and had my suit drycleaned
If you only have one item on a hanger, hang the tip of the hanger inside of the plastic thingy, not around it.

Also, the 06 has a long pocket along the front of the driver's seat and not the passenger's seat. Is this for my license and registration?

I'd hate to see a cop reach for a gun when I reach between my legs to get my reggie.

(Okay dirty minds, I'm talking about my registration unless you call your thingy's a reggie.)

I sure don't use dope any more so I can't use it for a stash compartment.

Old 07-03-2007, 06:35 PM

THATS WHAT THOSE ARE FOR?!?!?!

I always thought it was just something for girls to hang on to when in the back seat. =D

Old 07-05-2007, 11:29 AM

ORIGINAL: 04 Intimidator

THATS WHAT THOSE ARE FOR?!?!?!

I always thought it was just something for girls to hang on to when in the back seat. =D
Actually, the "stash" compartment is in front of the driver's seat, behind the driver's knees.

Just recently noticed it almost a year into the car. It started popping out as the leather starting loosening up.

Old 07-05-2007, 12:17 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I found my "Reggie" when I was quite young (and hung) [sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Also, the 06 has a long pocket along the front of the driver's seat and not the passenger's seat. Is this for my license and registration?

I too wondered what this pocket was for? I found it months ago and thought, "Is this for sunglasses? "

Thne I realized it was for stashing donuts, you know incase you get pulled over. [sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 07-05-2007, 12:40 PM

ORIGINAL: rj

Thne I realized it was for stashing donuts, you know incase you get pulled over. [sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Cops in LA aren't the biggest donut freaks though,they mostly love authentic Mexican tacos around here.

You can find them at most taco stands during code 7.

Old 07-05-2007, 07:21 PM

When The dealer delivered my car, he said "oh hey look, here you can put your registration and insurace, so you dont have to dig through the glove box" So i did, then I got pulled over for a temp plate, and was diggin through the dash in a panic[:-], and couldnt find it, the cop was gettin annoyed, and i said "oh wait its right here!" reached between the knees, he took a step back and put his hand on his belt, by his pepper spray. Then He saw it and didnt like the fact that I put it there. lol...So now i keep it in the Glove box organizer. ...[:'(]

Old 07-06-2007, 07:57 AM

I believe that "cubby" is for sunglasses or maybe a garage door opener.

Old 07-06-2007, 11:11 AM

Now someone needs to invent a way to see that the small red A/C light is on without taking your eyes off of the road.

I almost have to useboth hands to cup around the *** while using my knee to drive.

Maybe an amplifier circuit or an auxillary bulb that runs up to the dash.

Quick Reply: Stupid Monte Tricks