General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Stop the madness

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 11:09 PM
Default Stop the madness

Why do all the little tuner guys beat us down. Yeah the car is FWD and yeah its heavy...but it is bad ***...and is fast..some are claiming that their 206 hp super charged SS Cobalt can beat us..and they are claiming they are nicer...man these guys are on drugs...[:'(]I owned a 2.4 Cobalt SS and it came no where near the power of the Monte.

Old 07-18-2007, 03:28 AM
Default RE: Stop the madness

It's just one of those things where it makes them fell better about their cars if they can down someone Else's cars. it just a shame that some have to try to tear someone else down to feel better about them self. I don't really see the point of a SS Cobalt, I mean come on its still a cobalt. but to each his own. I love my Monte, and I don't have to tear anyone Else's car down to make me feel good about my Monte.

Mike.

Old 07-18-2007, 06:45 AM

read this

https://montecarloforum.com/m_43751/tm.htm

the mind of a cobalt driver

Old 07-18-2007, 07:03 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

i think the keyword you said is they drive a cobalt! they couldn't afford a monte,

i'm sorry but i hate cobalts, even if they're supercharged there's no way they're as fast as a monte carlo

Old 07-18-2007, 07:07 AM

[align=center]
Envy and Jealousy
Envy is the mud that failures throw at success
by `Space[/align][align=center](borrowed from someone-somewhere : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Many People Envy Monte Carlo Owners[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]To be envious is to regret one's failure to achieve good fortune or to regret the successes of others, especially `if they have a beautiful Chevrolet Monte Carlo. It is often accompanied by a false sense of entitlement. Instead of working for what they want, envious people may believe they deserve it merely because they want it. Also, in their twisted perspective, they may imagine that the gains of others have been taken from them, so they are filled with resentment. The envious suffer twice, when they don't succeed and when others do. Their negative attitude makes them unpopular, which further escalates their envy.

Envy manifests itself three stages. The first is the regret of one's loss. For example, you may have been in a golf tournament, beauty pageant, speech contest, or a political campaign. And despite your best effort, you may have had to watch someone else win. To feel a bit envious at that time is hardly surprising. As long as you lose gracefully, congratulate the winner, and wish them well, you have nothing to be ashamed of. Occasional losses are helpful as we can use them to develop our strength and character.

This first stage of envy is harmless, but not so for the second stage, which is to resent the good fortune of others, especially `if they own, and drive a Monte Carlo : ). This animosity may be expressed by ill will toward others. For instance, to increase our chances of winning, we may wish our golf opponent lands his ball in the sand trap. A beauty contestant may hope her rival falls off the stage during her dance routine, or a speaker may prayer that his challenger freezes in fear and forgets his speech. And a politician may hope the opposition drops out of the race because of a blunder. A young tuner, will envy the owner of a Monte Carlo, when his doors are blown `off in a race : )
[font=verdana]

What's so bad about wishing our rival a streak of bad luck? After all, thoughts can't harm anyone, can they? Wrong! Firstly, they can harm US by festering in our soul, for as the Greek Dramatist, Antisthenes, wrote 2,400 years ago, "As iron is eaten away by rust, so the envious are consumed by their own passion." Second, where do malicious acts originate? Don't they all begin as thoughts? That's what makes the second stage of envy harmful. It has the potential of becoming the third type, which is action taken to hurt others.

So you see, if we're not careful, a little "innocent" envy can develop into hateful actions. This is why envy is treated seriously in The MCFBible: "Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's Monte Carlo
[color=#000000][size=4] : )

Those who act maliciously because of envy usually begin by criticizing and maligning others, as well as lying and spreading rumors. Although the envious are troublesome to others, they are a torment to themselves. As they sink further into despair, they may engage in [color

Old 07-18-2007, 10:22 AM

On my way home from work every day. I see this tricked out mitsubishi eclipse. It has a pretty cool custom paint job. as well as the roof is custom made into a T top. Has a nice ground effects package. Dude must have spent a lot a money on it, which is cool every one has a different likes.
but he had tohate his license plate reads "V8KILLER"
I just don't get it.
I feel like calling him out whe i see him lol

Old 07-18-2007, 11:28 AM

07montess was yours supercharged or not?

Old 07-18-2007, 01:37 PM

Ever heard the small guys will talk big just so that someone will hear them.......

Old 07-18-2007, 01:37 PM

my 2.4 was not SC

Old 07-18-2007, 10:58 PM

mecho, you got that right. There's only one person I know of that drives a eclipse and doesn't act like he is a god because of it, lol. He's tearing into the car all the time to fix it tho, so I dunno what to think, I'd like to challenge him, but those Turbod AWD Diamond Star Motors eclipses are something else.

There's another one that has the same body style, with like 80 pounds of rice on it. Big old wing and a fart-can worthy of a chainsaw in a trash can. Now that car is just FWD and a weak 4 banger. I challenged him to a race and he got all cocky "no racing tonight, but I'd beat you anyways..."

I can't describe how much contempt dripped from those words. I'm sorry, even a wanabe-ricer doesn't turn down a race THEN talk up their car... I wouldn't have challenged him if he wasn't letting that fart can rip all the way down town... I actually caught up with him specifically for that reason...

ahh well... now I know who would win ( I though it was a Turbo AWD at first, same body style) I can continue to horrass him...

Quick Reply: Stop the madness