General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

On Star Stolen Car Slow Down Feature for 09

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 02:50 PM
Default On Star Stolen Car Slow Down Feature for 09

Check this out, pretty cool, kinda big brotherish, but again I wouldn't mind having it on my car. Coming out in 09 just in time for the new Camaro.
Imagine how pissed someone would be if their car was not stolen and the slow down service was enabled. LOL.
I can see it now.
" I was racing a Vette with my Maro, and I had him by half a car, and then my car slowed down on its own" LOL

http://www.onstar.com/us_english/jsp/plans/svs.jsp

Old 12-03-2007, 03:05 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: On Star Stolen Car Slow Down Feature for 09

i think teh cell phones render OnStar virtually useless... but hey, i guess you never know.

Old 12-03-2007, 03:20 PM

Hmmmmm, no thanks ....

Old 12-03-2007, 03:26 PM

Cowboy,
I dissagree with you.
I have had to use Onstar twice. Thank God neither time it was me that needed help.

I was in an unfamiliar area, I was driving slow and saw and old guy in his driveway on his knees and hands and then he colapsed onto the ground. I stoped yelled at him, he did not respond. I pressed the red button said please send an Ambulance to my location that took 5 sec. Got out the car went on to help the guy out. 5 in later the ambulance arrived. I wouldn't have been able to give them my exact location. I know 911 can triangulate your cell signal but they cant pin point your location.

This just one exemple how it is a usefull service. Not the only service, but a bit better than just my cell.
Old Guys was a diabetic by the way. He had his cell phone in hand when he fell to his knees, but was too emberassed to call for help.He seemed like a tough ol' guy with the warrior spirit.
Hope he is doing ok.

Old 12-03-2007, 03:37 PM

[align=center]Hi L.K.,[/align][align=center]I think it's a great idea. Especially `if I had a new Camaro,[/align][align=center]or vehicle that cost me over $30K +[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]It's sad that we have to live in a World with so many that[/align][align=center]take away from those that had 2give `up to `get : ([/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I think it also would be great for a court ordered install for major[/align][align=center]driving violator's that are on driving probation.[/align][align=center](*at the violator's cost : )[/align][align=center]I read, and hear tooften of violator's running from the police,[/align][align=center]and the chase put's a lot of people/family/children in jeopardy.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]A car is starting to look like, and act like a Space Vessel : )[/align][align=center]LK, thanks for the update.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]