General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

SS and GM decals!

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 01:55 PM
3 Year Member
Default SS and GM decals!

Just put them on about 5 minutes ago. They still have to set for a while...

There is the before and after!

Currently I have my front bowtie drying in the bathroom. How the heck do you take off the rear bowtie without scratching the paint?

Also added a picture of the rear end without the chevy badge at some post down there \/

Attached Thumbnails SS and GM decals!-before.jpg   SS and GM decals!-after.jpg  

Last edited by irulesoha; 04-17-2010 at 09:44 PM.
Old 04-17-2010, 03:24 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

veryyy nice. the rear bowtie? i know one method but i'm gonna let one of the other more experienced members tell you lol

Old 04-17-2010, 04:59 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

use the fishing line, then use goof off, let the goof off to soak in the residue thats left over before you try to get it off, you can also use gas to get it off, but i found goof off works better, actually i used goo gone, worked great.

just use the fishing line to get the bowtie off and goo gone to get the residue off

Old 04-17-2010, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by trewyn15
use the fishing line, then use goof off, let the goof off to soak in the residue thats left over before you try to get it off, you can also use gas to get it off, but i found goof off works better, actually i used goo gone, worked great.

just use the fishing line to get the bowtie off and goo gone to get the residue off
x2 Biggest thing is take your time, I actually also used a little ice scraper that I bought years ago that fits in my wallet. One edge is tapered down and smooth, using the goo gone as a lubricant of sorts I recall someone else somewhere that used a credit card, I have no scratches and it helped speed up the process, just make sure you take your time that's the biggest thing to remember. I also used a large pencil eraser to remove the final stickiness. Haven't tackeled the bowtie on the Impala's trunk, but I've done all the Monte Carlos and removed the chicklets from the Impala, all without incidents...other the the cuts on my fingers from the fishing line.

Old 04-17-2010, 06:29 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

It also helps to do it in hot weather. Preferably with the sun on it. Heat helps to loosen it up a little.

The work looks good. Personally I would keep just the SS. I'm not a fan of the little GM badge. Just doesn't fit in well. Plus there's no real reason for it. They already have the Chevy bowtie on it. What's next? A "made in Canada" sticker?

But that's just my humble opinion.

Old 04-17-2010, 06:36 PM
3 Year Member

Taking off that rear bowtie was a job. A quick one, but harder than it should have been! Thanks everyone!

Old 04-17-2010, 09:43 PM
3 Year Member

Here's a picture of the rear end!

Attached Thumbnails SS and GM decals!-dfhh.jpg  
Old 04-17-2010, 09:57 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Looks better without the big bowtie.

Good job!

Old 04-18-2010, 12:24 AM

i think you should get rid of the monte carlo on the rear too. i dont personally like the block lettering. i think it looks wack.

Old 04-18-2010, 03:05 AM
3 Year Member

Yeah, I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. But I want it to say "Hey, look at me, I'm a Monte Carlo. I go fast."

I've been thinking about putting the cursive monte carlo from the 6th gen on there, not sure how that'd look.

Quick Reply: SS and GM decals!