General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Spring Break Updates

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 06:46 PM

looks great, those rims look a lot better in the sun shine w/ the bowies.

what kind off caliper paint did you end up using??? so you didnt end up taking them off???

Old 04-02-2010, 09:03 PM

Where did you get that engine cover. It looks really nice.

Old 04-02-2010, 09:09 PM

its probly paint. thats what most ppl do with their covers.

Old 04-02-2010, 10:17 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by mak330
its probly paint. thats what most ppl do with their covers.
the cover is all paint

i used the g2 kit i got it off of ebay for like $35 because it was in IL and i thought it wouldnt take too long to get here in WI, i would post the link but i dont wanna refer a bad seller, took over a week to make it here

Old 04-02-2010, 11:31 PM

i would post the link but i dont wanna refer a bad seller, took over a week to make it here
That really burns me- I won a 12 month xbox live thing on ebay on 3/17, and who'd have thought but the guy put 11-18 business days to ship in the shipping info. So they say I can't even file a claim until April 11th. I figured being a regular person (and not a store) that he could just email the code to me in 30 seconds, and pocket the shipping money.

I ended up emailing another seller ahead of time- and buying a 1 month from him, and he agreed to just send the code via email; at least that will get me by until then.

I suppose it is partially my fault for not looking at the shipping info first (the guy is only 2 states away)- but WTF, that shouldn't have taken more than 10 minutes to email!

My last 2 ebay experiences blew also- I ordered colored headlights from one guy and one was DOA- and I had to pay shipping to send them both back just to get new ones. The second set was awfully dim for some reason (like barely over parking light bright), and they said they give a full refund, but I'd have to pay shipping back again plus a 25% restocking fee- which after paying shipping to me initially, plus back to them once- ended up seeming stupid (especially because the auction price for the lights was like $5 with like $12 for "shipping"- so I'd only get a couple bucks back- and shipping to them twice would've easily eaten that up.

The other one I ordered a cable for my mom's camera, and didn't get it for weeks. So I sent this guy a message on ebay, and he says they were out of stock and he sent me an email from his personal email addy asking if I wanted a refund or to wait until the cable came back in stock (of course it went to the spam filter and was in my junk box). WTF- why list something you don't even have??

Sorry for the little OT section and ebay rant- I'm just not a big fan anymore...

Last edited by bumpin96monte; 04-02-2010 at 11:33 PM.
Old 04-03-2010, 08:07 AM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by bumpin96monte
That really burns me- I won a 12 month xbox live thing on ebay on 3/17, and who'd have thought but the guy put 11-18 business days to ship in the shipping info. So they say I can't even file a claim until April 11th. I figured being a regular person (and not a store) that he could just email the code to me in 30 seconds, and pocket the shipping money.

I ended up emailing another seller ahead of time- and buying a 1 month from him, and he agreed to just send the code via email; at least that will get me by until then.

I suppose it is partially my fault for not looking at the shipping info first (the guy is only 2 states away)- but WTF, that shouldn't have taken more than 10 minutes to email!

My last 2 ebay experiences blew also- I ordered colored headlights from one guy and one was DOA- and I had to pay shipping to send them both back just to get new ones. The second set was awfully dim for some reason (like barely over parking light bright), and they said they give a full refund, but I'd have to pay shipping back again plus a 25% restocking fee- which after paying shipping to me initially, plus back to them once- ended up seeming stupid (especially because the auction price for the lights was like $5 with like $12 for "shipping"- so I'd only get a couple bucks back- and shipping to them twice would've easily eaten that up.

The other one I ordered a cable for my mom's camera, and didn't get it for weeks. So I sent this guy a message on ebay, and he says they were out of stock and he sent me an email from his personal email addy asking if I wanted a refund or to wait until the cable came back in stock (of course it went to the spam filter and was in my junk box). WTF- why list something you don't even have??

Sorry for the little OT section and ebay rant- I'm just not a big fan anymore...
im with ya, i try to sell now and i get all buyers with zero feedback or people that dont pay and just say their daughter got on their account. im leaning away from ebay now.

Old 04-03-2010, 01:58 PM

ya for sure, i only buy stuff from power sellers. period you may get a better deal at aution pricing, but you may also never recieve your item.

i bought this set of 2 mojo 12's, custom box, and 2500 watt amp for 350 plus 75 bucks for shipping. needless to say its over 2000 dollars worth of stuff, it was used, but too good to be true. he sold the item to another guy to and we both got suckered and our money back. the guy got banned.

i always get my xbox live memberships from newegg.com
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-129-_-Product

its 40 bucks, free shipping. sometimes its 35, usually you get 13 months. i wouldnt listen to the reviews, newegg is a very reliable store. i got my 32 inch samsung 1080p tv for half the price they wanted at bestbuy. ive also built 2 computers from there and they have the best prices/customer service around.

Old 04-03-2010, 02:26 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by mak330
ya for sure, i only buy stuff from power sellers. period you may get a better deal at aution pricing, but you may also never recieve your item.

i bought this set of 2 mojo 12's, custom box, and 2500 watt amp for 350 plus 75 bucks for shipping. needless to say its over 2000 dollars worth of stuff, it was used, but too good to be true. he sold the item to another guy to and we both got suckered and our money back. the guy got banned.

i always get my xbox live memberships from newegg.com
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-129-_-Product

its 40 bucks, free shipping. sometimes its 35, usually you get 13 months. i wouldnt listen to the reviews, newegg is a very reliable store. i got my 32 inch samsung 1080p tv for half the price they wanted at bestbuy. ive also built 2 computers from there and they have the best prices/customer service around.
really cool...go make your own ebay thread...

just kidding! haha yeah theres some real good deals online for live memberships, even better deals for ps3...aka free? lol

Old 04-03-2010, 08:47 PM
10 Year Member

okay, i said my steel rims slowed me down a bit but i just got off the strip here in town, and some guy pulled up next to me in a trans am, looked just like the one below, and he starts revvin it up so im like cool im just gonna ignore it and give him a little gas and see whats up

the next stop like hes lookin at me and givin me a look wonderin if were gonna run it, i decided not to but then again he pulls up next to me from a 30 mph roll and starts honking so im just like whatever, so he floors it and i gun it too, i dropped in to 1st (love the pcm haha) and i flew by him and i could hear his exhaust with the window down.

after a 11.5 hour day at work, this was definately the highlight of my day haa

Old 04-03-2010, 08:58 PM

sorry bout the thread jacking, nice kill

Quick Reply: Spring Break Updates