General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Sports Car

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 11:00 PM
Default Sports Car

What do the insurance companies consider the monte carlo to be? Sports car. Coupe or what?

Old 04-08-2009, 11:20 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

i think it depends on the company. i know when i first started working for Nationwide, the type of car was one of the determining factors in your rate. when i left there though, about a year and a half ago, that had no effect on premiums anymore (nor did length of daily commute, while it still mattered to other companies). so i would say it depends on the company.

that said though...the MC isn't really a "sports car" is it??

Old 04-08-2009, 11:37 PM

Ok I am with Allstate if that helps any.

Old 04-08-2009, 11:44 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

not sure, we didn't write business with allstate. you can call your agency or the company and they can tell you the details. it might also be listed on the declaration page of your policy.

Old 04-09-2009, 02:35 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- May 2009
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

mine is considered 2 door coupe to my insurance. obviously not being a sedan makes insurance a little higher, but while its still a V6 they dont ream me that bad. my insurance costs 75 dollars less than what it cost me to insure my last car, a 2000 volvo S80 T6. thats right, twin charged baby!
too bad some ******* had to run a red light and total it out with me in it
paid 12,500 for it
insurance gave me 12,000 for it because of the condition i kept it. said it looked like new and it was fully loaded blk/blk. Used to eat mustangs 24/7 haha.

Old 04-09-2009, 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by Viper
What do the insurance companies consider the monte carlo to be? Sports car. Coupe or what?

Hi Member: `Viper,
Welcome to the Monte Carlo Family Forum
I consider the Monte Carlo to be a Mid-sized
Sport Coupe.

You many want to check `out the below links, or
just call your insurance agent, and they will
give you the class that they use for the model
Monte Carlo that you have, or want.
Good Luck

<LI about="r16">Chevrolet Monte Carlo Reviews - Research & Review Chevrolet ... Find Chevrolet Monte Carlo reviews, car research, road tests, stats, car pricing , ... See how much you can save on your car insurance every year! ...
www.internetautoguide.com/reviews/95-int/chevrol... - 60k - Similar pages
http://www.internetautoguide.com/rev...rlo/index.html

<LI about="r17">2007 Chevy Monte Carlo Ownership Costs | New ‘07 Chevrolet M... These costs can include the 2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo insurance, ... with ratings and Best Overall Value winners not available until complete data can be ...
www.automobilemag.com/am/2007/chevrolet/monte_ca... - 82k - Similar pages
http://www.automobilemag.com/am/2007...hip_costs.html

<LI about="r18">Chevrolet Monte Carlo New Car Reviews, buying guide, auto pu... New Car Buying Guide new car reviews of the Chevrolet Monte Carlo mid-size coupe including ... prices, price quotes, auto purchasing, insurance and dealers.
newcarbuyingguide.com/index.php/news/main/event=... - 18k - Similar pages
http://newcarbuyingguide.com/index.p...t=viewCat/1534

<LI about="r19">2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo used car prices, trade in value a... Edmunds used car prices for 2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.5L ... Shop and compare multiple insurance quotes from the top insurance companies. ...
www.edmunds.com/used/2006/chevrolet/montecarlo/1... - 121k - Similar pages

Old 04-09-2009, 07:47 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I think it depends on your trim and engine size.

Old 04-09-2009, 10:32 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by chibiblacksheep
I think it depends on your trim and engine size.
I have State Farm insurance and that's exactly correct in their case.

I didn't ask about my Monte. But when first bought my 99 Grand Am GT, they asked me if it was a V6 Grand Am SE, or the V6 Grand Am GT. Reason was, even though both cars had the same engine and tranny and interior, the SE was considered a family car. The GT was considered a "sporty" car. The insurance agent said he's aware that it's only some minor cosmetic differences, but the parent company considers it a sporty car because of the "GT" image. Apparantly they think the name GT attracts more people who are into performance, and are more likely to be insurance risks.

Remembering that, when I told the agent I bought my Dale Jr edition Monte, I simply told him I bought a Monte Carlo and let him ask me questions as to what the details of it were. He asked me for the VIN and not much else.

Do the insurance companies have access to info on everyone's car by punching in the VIN?

Old 04-09-2009, 10:35 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

Probably yes

Old 04-09-2009, 11:25 AM

Where I live it all depends on whether you have a 2 door or 4. Basically every 2 door car is put into a sports car category.

Quick Reply: Sports Car