General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Speeding Ticket

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 02:49 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008
Default RE: Speeding Ticket

I know someone who got a ticket for going 36 in a 35....OUCH!

Old 10-12-2007, 02:55 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

El Segundo.. stay away from "the second"? lol (segundo means second for the non spanish speakers.

lots of cites in mexifornia are named after spanish words though...

Old 10-12-2007, 03:15 PM

Well this was once Mexican/Spanish land... Duh.....^^^^^^

Hence; Santa Ana, Los Angeles, Palos Verdes. etc.....

haha I would like to see the cost of that 1 MPH over the speed limit...geesss.

Old 10-12-2007, 04:02 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

25+ years ago it was only about $40.

Old 10-12-2007, 06:33 PM

i guess that makes sense, i wouldnt come back unless i knew id get enough money off the make the trip worth while but id have to be goin pretty fast to get that to work for me

Old 10-12-2007, 10:53 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

ORIGINAL: ffej06montess
Anyway i got pulled over in Ohio and the cop gave me a speeding ticket, i gave a couple of police cards (PBA) to him and he threw them back at me and told me that they do not honor NJ police cards.
What kind of sh*t is that?
Better luck next time.
What are these police cards? I've never heard of them.

Oh and during the Sturgis Rally, I live about an hour away and so most of the Wyoming HP's come over and they start nailing people even one mph over, trying to keep eveyone way slow.

Old 10-13-2007, 06:01 AM

ORIGINAL: God_Bot

ORIGINAL: ffej06montess
Anyway i got pulled over in Ohio and the cop gave me a speeding ticket, i gave a couple of police cards (PBA) to him and he threw them back at me and told me that they do not honor NJ police cards.
What kind of sh*t is that?
Better luck next time.
What are these police cards? I've never heard of them.

Oh and during the Sturgis Rally, I live about an hour away and so most of the Wyoming HP's come over and they start nailing people even one mph over, trying to keep eveyone way slow.
A "police card" is a new one on me, as well. A speeding ticket for 1 mph over? That's insane, and I've never heard of anything like it. At the department I retired from, the "unwritten" policy was nothing less than 10 over. Hell, I've even seen so-called "certified" speedometers in police cars to be off by 5 mph. The Missouri Highway Patrol has been known to issue citations for 6 over, as have the cops in a few small speed-trap towns I'm familiar with. But 1 over? That's just nuts. [sm=wtf.gif]

Old 10-13-2007, 11:44 PM

A "police card" is a PBA card Policemans Benevolent aAssociation,I know it is not in every state so i called it a "police card" it just shows that you have a friend or family member in the police force.

Old 10-14-2007, 12:55 PM

so is it like a pass or something? or do they normally just like let you go because you know someone?

Old 10-14-2007, 03:56 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Last ticket I got the Statie commented I was doing 57mph in a 55 speed zone.

But he also swore he clocked me doing 65 in the same speed zone. He wasn't even in his car when I drove past him. He was standing at the pass door of the car he's pulled over before me.

He was setting about 75ft from the exit ramp I was on. I saw him setting there and looked at my speedometer while I pased him. It read 35mph.
(remember, I was driving a 318, 2bbl, '79 Dodge Diplomat. not exactly a Roush Rustang)

Three miles south here he comes. Flying up my @$$. Pulls me over says he clocked me doing 65 in a 55.

I told him I do not speed as I know I can't afford the ticket. Says he has me doing 57. But you know he wrote the ticket for 65.

County says if I go to jail, they credit me with $6/day till the ticket is paid. (WTF is this?)
Six dollars for setting in jail for 24 hours on a speeding ticket I wasn't guilty of?

Quick Reply: Speeding Ticket