General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

somebody hit my pace car

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 05:36 AM
5 Year Member
Default somebody hit my pace car

a guy backed into my yellow '02 pace car and left a tiny dent (<2 inches), the body shop estimates though that it's gonna take $2400 to fix it with $1600 of that being in decals alone. The guy is filing an insurance claim and has been pretty cool about it and has claimed responsibility and everything. My only question is does anyone see his insurance giving me a hard time about paying for the decals? They're original GM parts that came with the car so they should be required to replace them when they paint the car right? I'll get some pictures posted of the damage in a couple of hours.

Old 02-21-2009, 06:10 AM
Default RE: somebody hit my pace car

Hi Nicholas, from the SunShine State.[/align][/align]Sorry to read about the damage to your Monte.[X(][/align]Do you have a police report, or statement from the driver that he admits fault ?[/align][/align]I would check with your insurance company, & have them confirm the reliability of the insurance company of the person that damaged your car.[/align][/align]I would insist that you Monte be fixed to its exact condition or better then it was before it was hit.[/align][/align]All Auto Insurance has formula`s that they use to estimate the average cost of repairs for the damage done. They may research the cost of the decals, but if that is the lowest price for them, then they should be required to pay that amount.[/align][/align]Again, have you insurance agent assist in your claim until it is fixed to your satisfaction. [/align][/align]Wish you good luck, and keep us updated on your results.[/align]`Space[/align]

Old 02-21-2009, 06:48 AM

[align=center]Hi Nicholas,[/align][align=center]If you can get $1600 from his insurance company for your decals.[/align][align=center]Tell your body shop to check out the below kit for $169.,and[/align][align=center]then you can keep the remaining $ for additional mods/body upgrades [/align][align=center][:-]
2000-2003 MONTE CARLO SS

[:-]

[:-]
Kit Contents:
Part #0003MCSS
(pluscolorcode)
[/align][align=center]
[ul][*]2 Checkered Flag Side Stripes (L&R)[*]2 Tazmanian Devil Rear Quarter Panel Decals[*]1 Tazmanian Devil Rear Deck Lid Decal[*]"Team Monte Carlo" Spoiler Decal[*]"Monte Carlo" Windshield Visor Decal[*]Squeeqee & Instructions

2000-03 Monte Carlo SS Checkered Flag & Decal Kit (includes everything above)
$169

2 "Official Pace Car" Rocker Panel Decals (Black only)
$29w/Kit
$39w/oKit

Hood Bowtie Large (24" x 50")
$79w/Kit
$99w/oKit

[:-]Click on below link [:-]
http://www.phoenixgraphix.com/gm/0003mcss.htm[/ul][/align][/align]

Old 02-21-2009, 08:24 AM
5 Year Member

i've seen those aftermarket ones in person before and while they might look the same, there's a vast difference if you've seen the originals.

Old 02-21-2009, 08:34 AM

Nicholas,
Thanks for your reply, and information on the difference.
Just try`in 2 `Help & save you some $`s
Wish you Good Luck.

Old 02-21-2009, 08:59 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I expect the insurance company will definitely give you a hard time with the decals. They don't make money by being generous and thoughtful. Their job is to cut corners, use cheap aftermarket parts, re-use wrecked parts, and play frustrating mind games with you just to save themselves a couple bucks. One of their latest tactics to get you to go along with what ever they want, is to threaten you with declaring your car a write-off.

Insurance companies have gotten scammed, and continue to get scammed so much. They take it out on the honest people instead.

Demand they fix it using the proper factory decals.

Old 02-21-2009, 12:15 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

hey nicholas, i was an insurance agent for 6 years and the purpose of insurance is to indemnify a vehicle, that is to say to bring it back to exactly where it was before an accident, no more no less. they shouldn't give you a hard time about the decals. as i was just in an accident too i can sympathize. my body shop called me at first and told me the ins. co. wanted to use a bunch of aftermarket parts. i called the adjuster and nicely explained to him that the parts need to be OEM parts, since the car is a special edition (definitely made mention that it was one of just over a thousand). he then called the body shop and basically "asked" if the aftermarket parts he had authorized didn't fit, basically telling my body shop guy to state that they did not and needed OEM parts, so Nationwide did so. (side note there, dennis from the body shop called me after that and asked me what the hell i'd said to the guy, because he'd never seen an adjuster do that in 30 years! sometimes it pays to be nice and leave my attitude at home!)

keep in mind that this was my own insurance company though, since the douche that i was in the accident with didn't have insurance. just make sure you talk to the adjuster and let him know that it is a special edition and you insist on OEM parts to keep it original. that's why insurance companies are "such and such indemnity company". if the guy that hit you went out and hit a lexus, or an aston martin, they'd pay just as much if not more.

i'm interested to see how you make out with this, just stick to your guns and be adamant!! good luck and keep us posted!!

Old 02-21-2009, 02:38 PM
5 Year Member

thanks everyone, just waiting for the insurance company to call me back to schedule an appt for them to come out and look at it, i'll eventually get the pictures up. It's really such a small ding, but still it needs to be fixed.

Old 02-21-2009, 03:08 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

i've come to learn that there are no such things as small dings on montes

good luck!

Old 02-21-2009, 03:44 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sorry to hear your Pace car received some damage.

I know how I'd feel if someone damaged our's. [sm=chairshot.gif]

Or any of our cars. [sm=icon_stickpoke.gif] [sm=shootshoot.gif]

Personally, I can see the ins. giving you a hard time about repairing your Monte. (Been there, done that, wanted to go postal on them)

Do NOT give in till you are complately satisfied. If need be, get your ins. to repair the car and then they will get their money back from the other ins. company.

Quick Reply: somebody hit my pace car