General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

some stuff i got on ebay

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 10:09 PM
5 Year Member
Default some stuff i got on ebay

heres a couple of things i bought off ebay in the last week to go with my car

Old 03-22-2008, 10:22 PM
Default RE: some stuff i got on ebay

I gotta tell you how much I LOVE the way the Brake Light is integrated into the length of the Spoiler. That's a Killer! I wish I could find a Spoiler like that for my Monte.

Nice Haul off eBay.
Very handsome model.

What Mod's are you going to add to it! (CAI, Throttle Body, U-Bend Delete, Pulleys, Cam ... trunk-full of Amps and Sub-woofers?)

Old 03-22-2008, 11:11 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Congrats!
The scale models of the street versions are a rare find.

I got the 1/18th model of my Dale Jr, and the brake light in the spoiler was painted over. I included the pic.

I'm wondering why the scale models have that brake light inside the spoiler. Did any real Monte come with that full width brake light?

Question for ya. Is it just me not seeing it, or is the checker flag graphics missing off of the model? The pic on the box you showed has them. Sorry for nit-picking. Mine is missing stuff, and has inaccuraciestoo. On mine, they forgot the SS on the trunk. Also they have the seats as being two-tone black/gray. A couple decals are the wrong color.

Oh well, I still love it. Great find phoenixdude! Nice looking Monte!

Rick...
I checked mine. Don't need to do the U-bend delete. It seems they did it for me. Just my luck, the scale model has a better exhaust than my real car. LOL.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2963/80B6DDEE3CCD4E58BF0A69F274E3EA36.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-23-2008, 09:17 AM
5 Year Member

yeah theres no u-bend on the model, and theres two things, the car, and then an 8x10 sheet, they're separate items and yeah the car doesn't have the checkered flags.
hell its not even the same year, my car is 02 and the model is 03. something i noticed when i took the model apart is that on the glove box the model has a 24 and jeff gordon's signature, i know in 03 they had the blue jeff gordon edition monte carlo, did they make a yellow version too or is the model trying to be something more then it is?

Old 03-23-2008, 11:39 AM
Taz

15 Year Member

Sounds like they mixed and matched the parts.

The real Jeff Gordon editions were blue with some ghost flames on the hood. They have the number 24 on the rear pillars, the front licence plate delete, the plate above the glovebox and the front headrests. I think they also have the number 24 on the door sill plates.

It's possible they either mixed up the parts, or had too many Jeff Gordon decals and hoped that you wouldn't notice. But I suspect the models were made out of country, by people who are paid piece work, and didn't really care if the parts were correct or not.

I'm still wondering about the light in the spoiler though. Maybe the spoiler was actually made for the official pace car models. The pace cars that were actually made for the track, not the street version. Don't the real pace cars have flashing lights in the trunk spoiler in addition to the lights on the roof? That's the only explanationI can think of.

Old 03-23-2008, 01:55 PM
5 Year Member

i'll have to find my pictures from the daytona 500 of that year, i think i might have taken a couple of shots of the "real" pace car there, now if only i knew what the hell i did with those pictures...

Old 03-23-2008, 04:31 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Are we talking the 2000 Monte Carlo Pace car Jey Leno drove?

All the stuff I have about the car, I don't recall any shots of the rear of it?

Old 03-23-2008, 08:41 PM

I just wish i could find the 03 SS in white with the sun roof in the die cast model that wont cost me a life time of workign lol

I want one like mine!!!!!
Im working on the R.C. version of mine now LOL
But want to get the flames for mine on one of the shells i have also

Old 03-23-2008, 11:13 PM
Taz

15 Year Member

Did some searching on the net.
Seems the brake light in our models spoiler is there because of the pace cars.

As you can see in the pics, the racetrack pace cars have lights in the trunk spoiler.

Old 03-24-2008, 11:31 AM

The Chevy Rock And Roll 400 looks badass

Quick Reply: some stuff i got on ebay