General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

So excited

Old 04-02-2012, 04:17 PM
Default So excited

Today I shipped off the computers in my car to Will for one of his tunes. I'm pretty stoked to get it back.
The wife talked me into having it tuned permanetely for 87 octane. We(she...) didn't want to have to commit to premium seems as though we're pcsing to california in July and they have some of the highest fuel prices over there. I'm also having DoD tuned out.
It's horrible seeing my car in the garage cause no matter how much i want to take it out for a drive it's completely dead lol. Battery is disconnected with no computers in it. Sigh lol.
Once I get everything back together I'll post up a quick review of how I like the tune.

Old 04-02-2012, 06:14 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 06athena
Today I shipped off the computers in my car to Will for one of his tunes. I'm pretty stoked to get it back.
The wife talked me into having it tuned permanetely for 87 octane. We(she...) didn't want to have to commit to premium seems as though we're pcsing to california in July and they have some of the highest fuel prices over there. I'm also having DoD tuned out.
It's horrible seeing my car in the garage cause no matter how much i want to take it out for a drive it's completely dead lol. Battery is disconnected with no computers in it. Sigh lol.
Once I get everything back together I'll post up a quick review of how I like the tune.
Awesome! but why's this in the how-to section? lol

Last edited by ChibiBlackSheep; 04-02-2012 at 07:25 PM.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:26 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by trewyn15
Awesome! but why's this in the how-to section? lol
It's not

Good job on getting the tune, it will change the car for the better!

Old 04-02-2012, 11:17 PM

I just ordered one from Will too. Looking forward to getting it.

Old 04-02-2012, 11:20 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by mairj40
I just ordered one from Will too. Looking forward to getting it.
aren't you stock?

Old 04-02-2012, 11:26 PM

aren't you stock?
I'm not modded very much. Doing a couple things while I'm waiting, that I had him tune for. Nothing over the top though. Not really looking to do much to it. Mostly the transmission part of the tune. Interested in the improved shift points. I'm not swapping throttle bodies or anything like that. Just replaced my cat with a Magnaflow downpipe, and adding a cai. That's about it.

Old 04-02-2012, 11:28 PM
10 Year Member

I'm not modded very much. Doing a couple things while I'm waiting, that I had him tune for. Nothing over the top though. Not really looking to do much to it. Mostly the transmission part of the tune. Interested in the improved shift points. I'm not swapping throttle bodies or anything like that. Just replaced my cat with a Magnaflow downpipe, and adding a cai. That's about it.
you replaced it with a magnaflow downpipe or just cat? Didn't know magnaflow made a downpipe

do you plan on doing more mods? Glad you didn't get the Milzy tune.. it's horrible for me lol

Old 04-02-2012, 11:32 PM

you replaced it with a magnaflow downpipe or just cat? Didn't know magnaflow made a downpipe

do you plan on doing more mods? Glad you didn't get the Milzy tune.. it's horrible for me lol
Maybe I'm not calling it the right thing. This is what I got...
[IMG][/IMG]

Not really planning on modding anything else. Just appearance things.

Old 04-02-2012, 11:40 PM
10 Year Member

Maybe I'm not calling it the right thing. This is what I got...
[IMG][/IMG]

Not really planning on modding anything else. Just appearance things.
Hmm, i didn't know they made one, is it 2.5"?

Old 04-02-2012, 11:56 PM

I believe it is. I've heard criticism that they are more restrictive than say a ZZP pipe. But it is way better than what was on there stock. I got it at O'reilly (sp) Auto Parts. They had it in stock for $209. I checked it out on Magnaflow's website first.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: So excited