General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

so do you think its crazy?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2006, 03:29 AM
Default so do you think its crazy?

ok gang,
heres the deal. i was rolling down a main road in my area tonight at about 1am when a newer body style (01 maybey?) mustang gt pulled up next to me. It was a 5 speed drop top and i took him in my 00 ls from stop light to stop light 3 times in a row by at least 2 car lengths. the lights were far enough apart for me to hit third. So far i have a borla cat back exhaust, short ram intake, 10" wide evo 8 tires on ss rims, and i run 93 octane. My question is, should i have really beaten him or did he just not know how to drive? Seemed like he was launching good, minimal tire spin, and shifts sounded fast (for the 5 seconds i was next to him ). so wata you think, should i take it as a win for the team! lol

Old 07-22-2006, 04:36 AM
Default RE: so do you think its crazy?

with equally talented drivers, your LS w/intake and catback doesn't come close to hanging with the GT, let alone stomping it by multiple car lengths at any speed or distance.

Old 07-22-2006, 11:07 PM

hmm were you sure it was a gt...?

Old 07-23-2006, 10:28 AM

Just curious, were U Smok'in Something
at the time ?

[:-]

[IMG]local://upfiles/714/FE2218F28B8E46409F9CFA21CC93C997.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-23-2006, 04:24 PM

ok, as far as i know it was a GT, it had the badging and dual exhaust, but thats all i know, it could have been a fake one. As far as the rest of you, im not sitting here trying to say that my car is super fast or that im some amazing driver, all i was simply asking was wether or not anyone else has had a simliar experience with these cars. I dont know much about the mustangs, and from a technological standpoint i was curious if i should have beaten him or not. So could some of us please save the smart *** remarks for the Sesame Street forums and contiune to provide a great source of information and technical resources?
Thanks

Old 07-24-2006, 08:07 AM

Alright, gents...lets not get carried away here. We're all friends, remember?

As far as the Rustangs go, my 05 LT has pulled quite a few V6s, but never a GT. If it was a real GT, dude must have been running lean or something. also, remember that our montes were designed in a wind tunnel and banned from their first year in NASCAR becaus ethey were thought to have an unfair aerodynamic advantage. If your opponent had his top down, he was creating alot of drag for himself which works very well to slow down a car.

Hey, just my hypotheses.

But to your question, roadshoptuner, I would have to say that the likely answer is no. You shouldn't have won...there must be some contributing factors to your multiple victories from FAKEstang to anorexic combustion.

Keep ridin'!! Rustang drivers are just jealous that they aren't driving CHEVYS!!!!!!

Old 07-24-2006, 10:00 AM

ORIGINAL: roadshoptuner
ok gang,heres the deal. i was rolling down a main road in my area tonight at about 1am when a newer body style (01 maybey?) mustang gt pulled up next to me. It was a 5 speed drop top and i took him in my 00 ls from stop light to stop light 3 times in a row by at least 2 car lengths. the lights were far enough apart for me to hit third. So far i have a borla cat back exhaust, short ram intake, 10" wide evo 8 tires on ss rims, and i run 93 octane. My question is, should i have really beaten him or did he just not know how to drive? Seemed like he was launching good, minimal tire spin, and shifts sounded fast (for the 5 seconds i was next to him ). so wata you think, should i take it as a win for the team! lol
Branden, a Win is a Win. Just having fun with your post, didn't mean 2 offend [X(].. Maybe ? the Mustang GT driver was $mok'in Zomething : ), Oh, I didn't know there was a Sesame Forum...thanks. Lighten up & enjoy your `Monte, your `journey. I did enjoy your post. Be Happy`SpaceRider
[:-]

[IMG]local://upfiles/714/20080EB47DFA4F4C951713447AF1212B.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-24-2006, 03:14 PM

Yeah, the 01' GT produced around 260HP off the lot.

I've seen quite a few V6 Rustang's with GT badges. Good for me I have an ear for the V6....

I started passing a "wanna be" one a couple of months ago on a two lane road (the idiot was doing 30 in a 45) and as my PAX window reached his rear bumper he floored it, (jerk off) needless to say I smoked him...

Old 07-24-2006, 10:49 PM

ok evryone, i thank you all for you're input, and now you are all probably going to think im full of crap, but i have to tell you all what happened last night. I decided to do the MAF sensor screen delete and take my car for a quick spin (down the same road i beat the stang)....and guess what i pull up to..... a brand new body style mustang. It was blue with silver racing stripes and striping on the rockers (dont know if that signifys some special model of sorts maybe?) but anyways it was some girl with her friend in the passenger seat. To my surprise she began to rev up at me so i decided to go for it. Light goes green and i slam the throttle as i hear her next to me burning up her tires. Man she really lit them up and had a terrible launch while my car just took off. Once she hit second she pulled up right along side of me (a lot quicker than the drop top), but it wasnt enough to pass me. Once my car hit its power band at about 3700 i kept pulling right along side of her and she never passed me. We were neck and neck until about 80 and then she began to slow down........its just got to be crappy drivers in my area man cuz my car is keeping up like thats its job.

Old 07-24-2006, 11:23 PM

RE: so do you think its crazy?
It's a crazy World out there.
A win is a win : )

Monte: 2 Wins

Mustans: 0

Branden, be $afe out there, EnJoy

`SpaceRider

Quick Reply: so do you think its crazy?